• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New FB body uncut. What do I need to LUBR?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I've always wanted a LUBR and I am buying a Bronco Design FB body which comes uncut. I would love to keep it uncut, but the problem is I have brand new tires (33 x 12.5 x 15). I want to keep the 2" BL. So what size lift would I need for a 98% street driven Lubr with those tires? (No, I can't change the tires - gift from wife).

I would like for it to look like the picture attached.

Thanks!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG-8084.JPG
    IMG-8084.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 154

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You'll need to limit your up travel to pretty much zero with a 12.5" tires or use a huge lift, those tires just aren't going to work well for a functioning LUBER that can flex and stuff the rear tire in the fender wells.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would look for a 15x8" wheel with a lot of Backspacing (4.5"?) to help tuck that wide tire inside the rear fender. Not sure there is such a wheel???

Does your wife know the exact size of the tire? Same tire in a 265/70/17 even a 285/70/17 would be much easier to fit with a lot more wheel choices in a 17".

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If your wife bought you tires I think she would understand that you need different ones to fit probably could get them swapped out easily for no money and even better if the type of tires you got now are availible in a 10.50 then you could swap and she probably wouldnt even know.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shorthand for Lifted, Uncut, BRonco.
Also called LUBER sometimes.

Paul