• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Garage Floor

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
WELL Maybe just a concrete slab.
. DO Any of you Guys get concrete waist from your Concrete provider.
So we have an Ingram Batch Plant Here in our town.
... & When the trucks come back into the plant ... They have to be cleaned out .
SO THE truck backs under a Over head water out let that runs a 4inch stream of water 24/7... The drum is turned & Drove to a dump & there waist is pumped out of the drum . 2 or 3 trips & the inside of the drum is clean.
It sets & settles out & the water runs off the top of the waist . Waist is picked up with 3 yard loaders & piled & more water drains out of it. They keep working the waist until it's just about dry material like chalice .
... SO Our plant is so big they can't get rid of the waist . So they give it away.
I get it & put it on my drive way. Other than being dusty. It's great stuff after it sets up.
........ NOW have any of you used this before. I'm ABOUT TO build a parking spot for 5 or 6 farm trucks . I'm thinking about putting down a layer of black plastic . * I've got a lot of old waist rebar. & I'm planning on bringing in about 12 of 15 loads of waist & PUTTING It about 4 inches deep . I'm going to smooth it out flat maybe with my tractor then rake it . & Turn the sprinkle on it. This parking lot will just be above the house & In the edge of the pasture . I've got 9 farm vehicles .. So I'm trying to get the away from the house some what. If their in the barns ... The rats get in them & chew them up. My Trees around the house are stopping up the heaters . So I need a new parking lot.
....DO YOU THINK THIS WILL WORK.
.. I do have it on my drive way. & Even Meme likes it.
... Now I need a Dump TRUCK. Should I tell MEME I've found one .
1978 Chevy 1 ton dually & a dump bed .454 4 speed .TITLE & ONLY $1500.00...
....... & IF I great good flat spot I can park my 2 & 3 Broncos closer to the shop . Snake Bite, my CAMO Bronco, needs back in the Shop .

Last edited by a moderator:

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Pa, sounds like it’ll work fine. Just make sure to get some water in it and roll it really well. Maybe with that dump truck loaded down with a load. 4” is fine but 6” would be better.

ransil

Bronco Guru
save the 1500 and pay a tri axle to bring in 20 ton at a time, you will burn more gas in the 1 ton making 20 trips.\, get a bob cat to spread it.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
RANSIL ... YES you may have something there .. because you know IT would NOT stop at 1500.00 & We do have the bob cat .

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pa, I don't wanna rain on your parade, or your parking pad, but if it is such a great idea, someone in the area will likely already have done it. Ask around to see, maybe check with the cement company to find out.

How thick is the layer on your driveway?

Perhaps what you're talking about is similar to what we call road millings up here in beautiful west Michigan. Every now and then, asphalt roads are re-surfaced with a new layer after a ginormous milling machine takes off a layer. the millings make a pretty good driveway surface.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Perhaps what you're talking about is similar to what we call road millings up here in beautiful west Michigan. Every now and then, asphalt roads are re-surfaced with a new layer after a ginormous milling machine takes off a layer. the millings make a pretty good driveway surface.

The state gets top dollar here for road millings. NO DUST! and as the asphalt grinds down with use, it just packs tighter. The waste Pa is talking about is probably a lot of sand and SOME big gravel. I'd venture to guess it'd wash out to 80% sand, 15% 1/4 to 1/2 gravel and the other 5% over 1/2" gravel. And I haven't even seen it yet.

Pa, I'd be looking for a big mixer to add cement to it and then spread it out. But then again, over the years with weight sitting on it, it's going to crack out. Unless maybe you go with 6" deep??

If it's free, it can't hurt to try?

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I EXPECT it is about 75% sand..
YES I GOT 3 LOADS OF Millings for my drive way. 3 18yd trailer dumps loads. A Friend gave it to me. But the hauling was about 300.00 a load . It came from 45 miles away.
But I traded a shot gun for that.
The waist batch plant has a Screen they put it through .. Keeps you from getting big chunks.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
County has a massive milling pile near my house, hard to not barrow some. Last time they were milling close by I tried to get them to sell me some and they said the county gets it all

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Pa... What's a Grage floor? hahha.. sorry sir, couldn't resist...

Getting that fixed for you

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
...SO I Dropped by today & checked on how big my CHOP FLOOR would be.
16.5 yards of concrete ..
& Their out of the waist . Wouldn't you know it. SO some big ranch came in last week & got about 300 yards.. Did road base with it.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. old school cool school

Merle. Hank George. No millenial crap. ;)

brewchief

What's a yard of concrete go for there? 16 yards might not be to much more then buying an old truck and paying for fuel to move the washout material. Even if you just screed it with a 2x4 and hit it with a homemade bull float it will probably be better then a gravel pad for parking on. Maybe add one of those cheap carport shelters later for covered parking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
They give that stuff away here too. I got a bunch of and spread it thick like you want to do, it would not set up. The concrete plant puts an agent in there to wash it out and it keeps it from setting up. I would run from it.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Dang I believe my Waist secret is out. Yesterday I went to look & inspect a new fence & some creek crossings he's had built on a new farm he's bought.
... It has about 5 roads on it. As we were driving along He tells me he has a man who has retired & bought a dump truck 18yd. & H's going to hav him bring that waist product out & put it on top of all his farm roads .
There may never be any more of that waist. I'll bet they start charging for the waist.