• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Guy intro & 1970 Options question

TheMonkey

I think I'm hauling home a fresh kill this morning, so I'll start poking around for research here and hopefully be able to contribute a bit.

My question is one of the option line items.

It's 1970 Sport Wagon with 302.

Couple lines on original window sticker says:

HD Equipment Package
/5/ 8.25 x 15-8PR D BSW PT

Looks like includes tire sizes, but what is HD Equipment Package?

Thanks.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 on what scoop said 3300 lb rear axle should have limited slip big bearings and 11x1.75in brakes, 1280 lb rear springs, and 8 ply tires were all part of the HD suspension package. There are other options in the HD equipment package as well that it could have like optional axle ratio, front limited slip, aux fuel tank, HD front springs, even heavier rear springs, 55 amp alternator, HD battery. So you could have some of these other options as well.

OP
OP
T

TheMonkey

thanks for info. i'll follow up if it comes home.

i typed 'this morning', but meant 'saturday morning'.

"302 2v V8".... means 2 barrel? were all the 302 motors 2 barrel?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

2v is 2 valve and all broncos came stock with 2 barrel carbs V8's anyway.
welcome to the site

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

Get pic's we love pic's;D.Now it's hurry up Sat. right.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's correct. V is for venturi in old carb-speak.
Doesn't compute with anything current though, so you're not really wrong Skiddy, just more up-to-date than Broncos.

Paul

OP
OP
T

TheMonkey

dang. had to pass. showed up with a trailer and a winch ready to haul it home this morning but i got nervous of how things might smell on the first warm summer day. can't save em all. neighbor said she used the bronco to "store some of her cats". pussy wagon?

the search must go on.

photo1ic.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
What was the price? That sheiat will clean out, tare out.If price was right you might should have given it a second thought. Gene

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
dang. had to pass. showed up with a trailer and a winch ready to haul it home this morning but i got nervous of how things might smell on the first warm summer day. can't save em all. neighbor said she used the bronco to "store some of her cats". pussy wagon?

the search must go on.

photo1ic.jpg

Looks calendar worthy to me!:eek:

polarman

Loc.
Bovina Center, NY
That is just foul and nasty. Junk the seat, take the top off and pressure wash the inside. Price is a factor though, because that is going to be a gross job.

OP
OP
T

TheMonkey

$500 was the price. i think it could be good for the right person. the 302 looked like it could come back to life (at least just popping the hood - it didn't look rotted). Hood was actually in fair shape. there was a snake under the hood up by the vents slithering around. the fenders were gone. looked all original, all trim was still there, hubcaps. i popped the back window open, and the waft of smell was very very awful. this is what put an end to it for me. hopefully someone here can manage cats nest better than me and bring it back to life.

PM me and i can give contact info for the seller. it's in Minnesota, about an hour West of Mpls. or check CL - he might have put it back on today. they are clearing out his Aunt's property and wants it gone soon.

original owner, still have window sticker. parked in 97. seller didn't know why his Aunt parked it and stopped driving it.

body was actually pretty straight, but requires loads of repair.

needs the right buyer as you can see.

photo8xm.jpg