• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member And New Bronco Owner

ChuckD70Bronco

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
I've always wanted an early Bronco and finally picked up my 1970 last Saturday. I'm looking forward to working on it with Pops and meeting and talking with everyone on here! I'm going to have a lot of questions and this looks like the place to be.

Ratch

Contributor
Welcome to the site, there is a great bunch of knowledgeable guys on here. And dont forget to post pics.

OP
OP
ChuckD70Bronco

ChuckD70Bronco

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Picking_Up_Bronco.jpg

Ratch

Contributor
Looks like you got a good one, I bet it doesn't have much rust being from Texas.

OP
OP
ChuckD70Bronco

ChuckD70Bronco

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Hardly any. Floorboards and fender wells are free of rust. All of the lights work and runs pretty well. I think the float is sticking in the carb. Has the straight six, not knowing much about them and learning I wanted the 302. It is in such good shape I had to have it.

Ratch

Contributor
Very nice, you might appreciate that 6cyl with the price of gas right now.
If you can pony up the $12 to become a contributor, you can post pics as the expandable thumbnails.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the find ChuckD! And another welcome to CB too.
Looks like a great start for you and your Dad to work on together. I can see some pretty good arguments coming up now! Fun ones though.
Looks like the PO couldn't find, or didn't want to bother with, an original turn-signal switch. So instead attached that older external style. Probably works pretty well, but the factory ones are still available too, so whenever you get 'round-to-it, that can be on your list as well.
Nice to start with an uncut one too. You can either decide to cut it for larger tires, leave it uncut for the cool look and ease, or something in-between.

Good luck. And have fun.

Paul

OP
OP
ChuckD70Bronco

ChuckD70Bronco

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks Paul. The PO added a 2.5" lift on it which I don't mind. He also put Dodge Ram wheels on it. That seems blasphemous. He also gave me the wheels he took off of it. I need to find out if they are original. If they are I will get them cleaned up and back on it as quickly as I can. I'll send some pictures of them to the forum to find out if they may be original.

barronj

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site Chuck.

If you decide to sell those seats & go custom, please hit me up. I'm local to you.

This is a great site for answering all questions bronco related.