• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - Quarter panel protectors

carchie

Loc.
Tyler, Tx
Now that we have seen the part and it is very cool. But some of the guys at work and I are wondering what the Die looks like and what ton press is required.

Thanks for all the work Chuck.

Chris

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey Chuck,

If you need someone to step up, If people back out on all your hard work.

Please add my name to your Back-up List...Thanks

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
carchie said:
Now that we have seen the part and it is very cool. But some of the guys at work and I are wondering what the Die looks like and what ton press is required.

Thanks for all the work Chuck.

Chris
They are hydroformed so the press only has one side. The other side is rubber and they apply hyd. pressure to it and that forms the steel. At least that is what I am told.

carchie

Loc.
Tyler, Tx
chuck said:
They are hydroformed so the press only has one side. The other side is rubber and they apply hyd. pressure to it and that forms the steel. At least that is what I am told.

I understand now. At a previous job I desinged some aircraft sturcture that was hydroformed. Very cool process. At that time it was a high dollar process.

Thanks for the info.

Chris

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It still is unless you want to compare that to several steel dies for each side. They tell me that they make 1 piece and cut it in 1/2 to get both sides.

EBSTEVE

Loc.
Everett WA
Chuck,
If your interested I would be willing to help out on shipping a larger quantity to the PNW (Everett/Seattle area) I am sure that there are at least a few sets headed this way including mine and saving a few $$ is always good.
They look great (way better than my qtr's do) I can't wait.
Steve

broncobillc

Loc.
high desert, ca
damn live 20 min. from chuck and didn't even know he was working on this. Wish I got in for the $100, I've been thinking about that idea for a long time just didn,t have the know how to get them made. Very nice chuck, very nice indeed.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
:'( Grrrrr-I'm just hate'n how I didn't have the money until it was too late-Those look great!!!

Chuck-for those of us that missed this buy-any idea on how you will be pricing these?

Thanks!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The only advantage of having them direct shipped would be if there was a pallet load. I may be able to do that for the guys back east and save them a little money. I will also drive some up to the Sac. area. I will know more about the shipping when I get a final weight and how many will fit on a pallet.
About the final cost, the guys that got in on the mass buy will end up paying $200 + shipping. I do not know how much the end price will be for everyone else yet because of the cost of steel going up and some unknowns. I am hoping to retail them at about $350 but that is only a guess to give everyone an idea. I will not know until I find out the final cost to me per part plus the shipping to me plus the cost of maintenance on the die that I own but can not have plus the set-up cost. The maintenance may be a biggie. The die has already had to be re-case once and repaired a couple of times. I should have a better idea after the first few 100 parts are made.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
1/4 panel update

Chuck it's been a few weeks and was wondering if those new tweeked panels had been returned for approval? Is there a date set for delivery yet? Thanks....Mo

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Chuck brought one side of the last prototype set over to the Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend to show around. I liked it so much I kept it!

DSCN7821.jpg

I'm sure Chuck will chime in soon, but it seems to me like they're just about ready for production.

Dusty

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
1/4 panels

Thanks for the pics Dusty, I was not able to make the BBB as we were delayed for our trip to Mexico by the new TV not coming in and having to wait till Mon. to have it installed in the Centurion. We were in Pioneer town on Thursday that is the town that is the starting point for the trail # 2N02 that leads to Big Bear thru the mountains above Yucca Valley. I did get to go visit the guys at WestCoastBroncos, nice shop and great people. I am buying their Pre runner fenders( sweet items) and bedsides when they are done with them...Mo

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I am told that the last set of prototype 1/4 panel protectors will be here this week. If that happens we could have panels next week.

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
GREAT NEWS CHUCK....here i go again I think i'm drooliing I will be able to beat the hell out of my rig and not worry about the corners...co'mon production pieces..
By the way Chuck do you have the final cost yet? I have sent in the two hundred so far....
;D