• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Tuffy EB Specific Storage Trunk Deal!

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
They’re here at last! We have been working with Tuffy to come up with an EB specific lockable storage box. It fits perfectly behind the stock rear seat. We have also tested it behind our MasterCraft bench seat. The dims are 44x11x19 this leaves enough room on the sides for 98% of the roll bars we have seen. This is the perfect box to lock up your valuable recovery gear, tools, spare parts etc.

For a limited time we are offering these to CB members at $390.00 to your door. Freight is on us if you’re in the lower 47. For CA residents $425.10 includes something for Arnold (tax). So you may be wondering what you are really saving, how about $45-75 depending on where you live. At just under 70 lbs and shipped in a secure padded Tuffy box 48x24x16 free freight is a great deal.

Attachments

• 3459p.jpg
    3459p.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 3459bp.jpg
    3459bp.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 3459ap.jpg
    3459ap.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 231

Dogdare

Great to see something that will properly fit an EB. Any idea how long you'll run the Free Shipping special?

Herb

BCH BRCO

The storage box look nice, however I would like to see you guys develope a slide out drawer under the rear seat of a standard EB rear seat. That way I can still put my golf clubs behind the seat!

BCH BRCO

Dogdare

One more question. Is the trunk intended to sit flush with the ribs of the floorboards? I measured the space between the rear legs of my family cage, and while it's a little bigger than 44", the base of the mounting plates are not quite 44" apart, and the bolts mounting the roll cage plates stick up maybe 1/4" - 3/8" or so. In a case like this, would I need to mount the trunk on some offsets to raise it up a bit? I don't think the trunk would be wide enough where I could use the roll cage bolts to mount the trunk to the floor.

thanks,
Herb

bax

Contributor
Old Member
This box should of been built about 2'' shorter. It looks like the top is even with the bed rails and it is mounted on the floor. The owners with floor bars in their cages will have to mount this box to the cage. The top of the box will then sit higher than the bed rails. They made allowances for roll bars on the sides but not on the total height. I like the box other than that. yes that looks like a monkey. it's a trail Monkey.?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
You let the trail monkey's out when you're broken on the trail.
They fix the Bronco for you.
They also retrieve beers at the campsite.
Are they included with the box?

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Great to see something that will properly fit an EB. Any idea how long you'll run the Free Shipping special?

Herb

The CB free freight special should be good until Aug. 31 2009.

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
One more question. Is the trunk intended to sit flush with the ribs of the floorboards? I measured the space between the rear legs of my family cage, and while it's a little bigger than 44", the base of the mounting plates are not quite 44" apart, and the bolts mounting the roll cage plates stick up maybe 1/4" - 3/8" or so. In a case like this, would I need to mount the trunk on some offsets to raise it up a bit? I don't think the trunk would be wide enough where I could use the roll cage bolts to mount the trunk to the floor.

thanks,
Herb

This is why way say "98% of the roll bars we have seen". It is designed to sit right on the floor but could be raised to clear anything that might be in the way.

coyotedav

Loc.
queen creek
has anyone ever thought of placing a small storage cabinet under the passenger seat.. i know.. small but very hidden.. ??????

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
This box should of been built about 2'' shorter. It looks like the top is even with the bed rails and it is mounted on the floor. The owners with floor bars in their cages will have to mount this box to the cage. The top of the box will then sit higher than the bed rails. They made allowances for roll bars on the sides but not on the total height. I like the box other than that. yes that looks like a monkey. it's a trail Monkey.?

If we can get 10 prepaid orders we would be happy to make a batch 2" shorter. With a product like this we picked what we felt would be the most "universal" size.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
has anyone ever thought of placing a small storage cabinet under the passenger seat.. i know.. small but very hidden.. ??????

I've seen it done on this site.
My Bronco has one , always thought it was stock untill I learned more about Broncos ....not exactly hidden , the door is in the front , but has a lock.

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
The storage box look nice, however I would like to see you guys develope a slide out drawer under the rear seat of a standard EB rear seat. That way I can still put my golf clubs behind the seat!

BCH BRCO

We have used this one http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-93-021-underseat-security-drawer.aspx

You would have to modify the seat brackets. It can be mounted with the opening at the front or rear of the seat.

This is an even larger one, I've never tried it. http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-181-130-full-length-underseat-drawer.aspx

Dogdare

hmmmm...a VERY large box with Tuffy written all over it showed up on my doorstep last night. ;D Just a few weeks before my birthday. I think my wife has been scheming with my parents.

If the box wasn't so large and heavy, I'm sure my wife would have hidden it, but it was too difficult for her to move.

Herb