• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie! My first early bronco!

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
aefde8c0-4e4f-7482.jpg

Its a 1969, i purchased it off of the original owner with a little over 77,000 original miles, hopefully i learn alot and can start the upgrading lol

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site, Great looking Bronco, Prepare to be broke! LOL
Be sure to at your location in your profile, never know when your going to need a Bronco Brother thats close.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Welcome... tell us what your plans are for upgrades. That's a clean looking bronco, and knowing the original owner should pay some dividends in the future too.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great score, Congrats and WELCOME to our little Crazy World!! ;)

OP
OP
Krayzie

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
Thank u everyone! Well the truck is pretty much stock..so first on my list is to get rid of the manual steering and put powersteering..i just found a stock system..i wasnt sure what the best route or system would be to go with...any suggestions

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Welcome and Congrats! That's a sharp Bronco you got there! :cool:

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Welcome aboard! If you put power steering on that truck you might want to go ahead and put a saginaw type power steering pump with duel returns so you can easily hook up a hydraboost brake booster. Once you get power steering on that truck you are probably going to want power brakes! ;)

muskrat

Bronco Guru
congrats! Welcome. I bought my 74 from the original owner also. Nice knowing it has only been through one owner.

OP
OP
Krayzie

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
Thankz im definetly looking into power brakes also..so if i go with the original powersteering set up the brake booster wont work with it? Only reason im asking is the guy im buying it from is only charging me 200 for the powetsteering set up

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Welcome aboard.. sweet ride for sure..For $200.00 jump on any part of the power steering.. As Bulldozer said add the saganaw pump with dual ports.. just plug the 2nd port until you can find the Hydro set up ..You'll be looking for disk brake stuff ... And a tilt wheel ...How big did you say your check book is..
.........We stand right here beside you Brother!!!

OP
OP
Krayzie

Krayzie

Loc.
Silver City
Good deal then? Lol my check book isnt to big im a father of 6 children..i have 2 boys and i adopted 4 more kiddos lol we do ok..we manage our money very wisely and both have decent incomes me and my wife that is..but now any allowence i get goes to my new baby lol thank you for the help guys i really appreciate it