• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie needing help

Airtime

hi, hopefully someone here can help me I don't know anything about broncos but my uncle past away and he had an old truck that nobody wanted.My aunt told me I could have it so I drove 4hrs to Virginia to pick it up and she told me it was a 1965 bronco it is all stock with a half cab on it. the truck is in rough shape but is complete and not hacked up with a 6 cylinder engine.The title is listed as 1965 ford bronco but i can only find info on 1966 or newer don't know if it's a misprint or not. I'm not sure if I have anything of value here or not the truck needs a radiator. I did start it up and let it run for a few seconds then shut it down. if any body could give me any info it would be appreciated Thanks

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
hi, hopefully someone here can help me I don't know anything about broncos but my uncle past away and he had an old truck that nobody wanted.My aunt told me I could have it so I drove 4hrs to Virginia to pick it up and she told me it was a 1965 bronco it is all stock with a half cab on it. the truck is in rough shape but is complete and not hacked up with a 6 cylinder engine.The title is listed as 1965 ford bronco but i can only find info on 1966 or newer don't know if it's a misprint or not. I'm not sure if I have anything of value here or not the truck needs a radiator. I did start it up and let it run for a few seconds then shut it down. if any body could give me any info it would be appreciated Thanks

Does the vin have a U13 in it, there where some 66 Bronco's titled as 65's so it may be a early production 66. It could also be a swapped title on a later production year Bronco the vin number will tell you a good deal about what you have. Some of the guys on here can tell you everything you need to know by the vin.

OP
OP
A

Airtime

I've learned something already it looks like it's the Pick up version. thank you 69 dude

OP
OP
A

Airtime

The vin# starts with a u14 I do not see a month on the title just a year of 1965

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
Welcome to CB. Sorry for your loss. Your Uncle must have been a pretty cool guy to have an early bronco. Show some pics of your rig when you get a chance, take a pic or write down the vin found on the glovebox door and these guys can tell you more about it. If you plan on keeping it become a contributor for $12 a year and it is easy to post pics. Otherwise you will have to post a link to another host site that you upload pics to.

OP
OP
A

Airtime

I will try to get some photos posted in the next couple days.I believe a restoration would be beyond my skills so I think I'll probably end up selling it. I don't want to give it away so that's one of the resins I joined to get a little info on it. I couldn't find much info on the web so all your info has helped a bunch already thank you

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Now if you had a '65 2 wheel drive you would really have something ;)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to CB. Sorry for your loss. Your Uncle must have been a pretty cool guy to have an early bronco. Show some pics of your rig when you get a chance, take a pic or write down the vin found on the glovebox door and these guys can tell you more about it. If you plan on keeping it become a contributor for $12 a year and it is easy to post pics. Otherwise you will have to post a link to another host site that you upload pics to.

Them yrs the vin will be on the dr. side kick panel.