• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No Cage Off Road Products Direct !

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I called Cage Off Road today and talked to Scott. He told me Cage no longer sells direct and I would have to go through a dealer. I asked to talk to Jim and after giving my name and being put on hold for him, was ultimatley told he was in a meeting. I asked Scott if they had any 3.5 lift kits available to ship to a dealer and was told they should have some by Friday. I asked if they had arms and was told they should have them in four to six weeks. I asked what the prices were now and was told they would probably not be much more than they used to be, but I would have to talk to a dealer. I called the dealer phone number given to me and got a message that number has been disconnected or is no longer in service.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I went through the same thing last week. I found 4 local dealers from the Cage web site. The first one I called quoted me a very good price and I went with him. The final cost for the extended arms I will pay (in the Dallas area) is actually less than what I would have paid to buy direct from Cage due to no shipping charge from the local vendor (having to pay sales tax slightly offset the savings, but still cheaper).

Go to the Cage site and look for other local vendors. I was told they shipped my extended arms out last friday, so there must be some laying around??

Good Luck

bippy93

Loc.
illinois
I just had the same thing happen last week. I called a couple places
that were their vendors and the price was actually more, due to shipping
and sales tax. I called Scott back and he sold them to me direct.

CAGE Offroad

Loc.
St.Helens Oregon
We transitioned to dealer only sales in order to get our products to the customer at hopefully a better price (this should be the case when shipping is figured in).

Some good shops for the East Coast are OK Auto, Top Gun Customz. In the Midwest AWS in MO is great, West Coast J&M and NW Truck in WA prices product competitively as does Leonard's Offroad in Hillsborro OR. For Canadian customers National 4wd Cnetre is an excellent source as they have multiple store locations. We have many more dealers these are but a few off the top of my head we talk with regularly. If you have a local shop near you that you like have them give us a call.

Hope this helps. If you have any trouble getting the product let us know and we'll help you out.

Jim

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Hmmmmm...Astark is planning something big for Howiepalooza and it looks like some serious flex if Cage is on the menu .

The cat is out of the bag Alan ... what's the plan ;D

Howiebilt

OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Well....we weren't going to say anything, but yes, we are secretly upgrading the mighty green Bronco. We hope to be done in time for Howiepalooza but I don't want to say to much right now.

I will say it should look a little more like this, than that, while retaining all body parts ;D

Attachments

• Mike 4.jpg
    Mike 4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Thank You for responding to this thread Jim. Bushee Performance in Cabot Arkansas has a phone that is no longer in service or has been disconnected. I have some questions I would like to ask you concerning your system, as well as where to purchase, and will try again to contact you in the near future.

OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Mr Joe said:
My favorite halfcab being turned into a rock basher :(
Be brave Mr Joe, it won't be that bad, just a little softer riding on the ruff stuff and a little more capable, while retaining it's natural good looks :cool:

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I got questions from several people about where I bought my Cage arms from in the Dallas area. The dealer is named Diamond Off Road Customs in Haslet, Tx. Their phone number is (817) 439-4454. At first they quoted a really high price around $1000 but the guy said that sounded way too high and he called Cage, then called me back with a much better price. I still think Diamond Off Road's price plus sales tax was less than I would have paid direct from Cage plus shipping. They are supposed to get here later this week and then the fun can begin.

Glenn

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a gift certificate for cage. Does anyone know how these are going to be handle?

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
I bought my lift from JM Offroad. They sell lift kits on ebay and had a very good price compared to straight from cage. They also gave great tech support!

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
CAGE Offroad said:
We transitioned to dealer only sales in order to get our products to the customer at hopefully a better price (this should be the case when shipping is figured in).

Jim

And what should we do if we don't have a dealer near us????
:'(

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Anyone know if the LE/Military discount will still be applicable through the distributors?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
carnage351 said:

Yeah I am in the same boat. Kind of dissapointing. :( I still would like to purchace a few more items for my rig.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
carnage351 said:
Call Danny @ A & D Automotive. See if he'll get on the Dealership list with Cage. That'll actually be sweet since I've been Jonesing for a Cage.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
crawln68 said:
Yeah I am in the same boat. Kind of dissapointing. :( I still would like to purchace a few more items for my rig.

Try here:

Extreme Offroad & Repair
1320 Brookhaven
Clovis, CA 93612
559-323-8222 ph
559-323-8999 fax
extremeoffroad.biz

If you're in Fresno, isn't Clovis just up the road a piece? Their dealers are listed on the Cage web site.

Good Luck,
Glenn

crawln68

Bronco Guru
broncotime said:
Try here:

Extreme Offroad & Repair
1320 Brookhaven
Clovis, CA 93612
559-323-8222 ph
559-323-8999 fax
extremeoffroad.biz

If you're in Fresno, isn't Clovis just up the road a piece? Their dealers are listed on the Cage web site.

Good Luck,
Glenn

Cool! He must be a new dealer just added to the list. I looked last week and he wasn't on the list. Thanks. ;)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Even if your "local" or regional delaer is not in driving distance, most will likely ship. In fact, if you contact one that will ship that is a state away, you should have no tax and lower shipping in some cases than if you had them shipped from CAGE in OR.

I must have just got in on this before they when wholesale only when I ordered a couple sets of arms and coils a few weeks ago. However, even out here in PA I have at least two dealer in driving distance (OK Auto and Hoak's 4WD). I know Jim has spent lots of time over the last year or so criss-crossing the country working on setting up these distributors.

OP
OP
astark

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I had intended to post this morning, but the forum was down for maintenance, so I saved and will post now after a long day at work.

Well....I just got off the phone with Steve at AWS in Saint Luis Missouri (314-966-6692) and these guys not only have a phone, but know how to use it.

I was initially greeted by a professional sounding voice who was glad I had called, then transferred to Steve who really impressed me. This guy is a Bronco guy and so are his kids, friends and coworkers. I enjoyed talking to Steve for probably a half hour or so and look forward to him getting back with me on some prices.

And another thing, this guy Steve is a previous OCBR attendee who drove his Bronco there, rather than trailer. He knew more about Broncos and suspension than I do and that's the kind of guy I wanted to talk too.

You know, maybe this dealer thing Jim worked out is really going to help us out and is actually a very good move. It may be kind of different and innovative, but so are his products.