• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No Fire Coming From Coil Wire???

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
I Installed A Centech Harness All The Wires Are Hooked Up Right. I 'm Wondering If Anyone Can Help Me Out. Bought A New Ignition Mod, New Ballast Resistor. Put The Old Mod In She Fired Right Up. Now She Won't. Has Anyone Ran Into This Problem? Where Should I Start Looking. Fuses Are Good. Timing Is Close.
Any Info Would Be Appreciated. Thanks

Brewbro21

Check the two wires going to the coil. I think red and green. Mine had a bad connection from the plastic top thing. I fixed that and it started right up.

Also how did you connect the ign. mod? The two wire plug how did you set that up?

raleigh_bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I did my Centech I went ahead and removed the coil and installed the PerTronix HEI distributor, which eliminated the constant points problems and also gives you a stronger, self contained coil.

OP
OP
tml

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
Brewbro21 said:
Is the engine cranking and no fire or not even cranking?
The engine cranks fine. I pulled the coil wire off the coil and placed it 1/4 " away from block to test for spark and nothing. My coil is fine. Maybe there is something with the distributor. I'm just not sure what that could be..

Willie

Loc.
Austin Texas
I had the same problem after installing the Centech harness. After alot of wire searching, help from friends, we found out that the stator was bad in the dizzy. For 54 bucks I replaced with a rebuilt dizzy and she
is back on the road, no problems, for now. Let me know if I'm close on this one. Good luck.