• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NPT vs NPS threads

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. So I'm painting my frame Saturday. Sweating final details time. HF HVLP sprayer has 1/4 NPS male threads. I think these wont really seal to the tapered NPT on the hose and every other pneumatic fitting in the free world. I found some nps npt adapters at tractor supply but both ends are male. So, will npt seal to nps with goop or tape? Anyone know if that male fitting in a paint gun handle threads out? Seems so simple to just make the gun with NPT already.....

Thx

Hank

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Do you plan on putting a quick connect on the gun or trying to just connect hose to gun. All my air tools including spray guns accept the quick connect male end. some use a male that replaces the part on your gun and some take a female that attaches to the one that's on the gun now.

I also want to say Thanks for helping Jaromy out ,he is a deserving guy and will Pay it Forward many times. He's running my old stock wheels,but unlike you I didn't give them to him....Mike

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All. I slept on it and changed my tampon. I think I'm ok. The parts seem to go together ok. The key is the plastic desiccant filter and whip hose that seem to make it seal. The regulator looks like it's the NPS threads.

VT Don, thanks. whereabouts in VT? I've got my daughter next weekend and try not to make our weekends together all about me :) but shes working a ton of hours lately.

I'm painting tomorrow and will report results forthwith.

Hank

View attachment 341084

Last edited:
OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Much ado about nothing. It all worked out fine. Needs a light sand and second coat, but not bad for first time HVLP

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405182804.665115.jpg