• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV4500 Price Check!!!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Milo

do you have any buddies at the local dodge house ...
if not it time you made some ...go around back see if you can talk to one or 2 of the techs ..the ones that get the trans jobs ask them to save a couple of those for you ..there is not a core on them now ..so some shops let the techs sell them to the core buyer ...some places let the parts dept or techs sell them ...we were letting them go for about 50.00 each...most of them only need 5th gear and or nut and some need the main shaft and some more ...put several together 350.00 or so should fix you up ...
at dodge we use a 70 % rule ..if repair cost is 70% of of the price of the new one then a new one is sold or replaced ...old one is now junk..
as light as a bronco it'll never get the use of a pulling truck ....so give it a good look over, go to a local wholesaler for gears and nut package ..laugh at the guys that paid 2500.00

mrshoeit

Loc.
Maryville,Tn
Nv4500

Can you tell me if a NV4500 trans came in a 1999 dodge 3500? All I know is its a 5spd. I have a friend that has one that I think I could buy from him cheap. Is there alot of mods to make if work?

Thanks
Mrshoeit

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
mrshoeit said:
Can you tell me if a NV4500 trans came in a 1999 dodge 3500? All I know is its a 5spd. I have a friend that has one that I think I could buy from him cheap. Is there alot of mods to make if work?

Thanks
Mrshoeit

You need to adapt it to your engine, and you need to adapt it to the D20 transfercase, unless you want to use a dodge transfer... I don't know if their version of the NP205 will bolt to an NV4500 or not, but it would be a great match if it did (also, I don't know if the drop is a driver side one... hmmm you might need to adapt a transfer no matter what...),... Then you can get the adapter to the engine from on of the bronco vendors or advanced adapters... will be pretty pricey, but in the end you will have one hell of a transmission... Personally I say go for the ZF, it is an easier swap, and all FORD, but that NV4500 is bulletproof in the broncos...

Dave