• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OBD II Engine/Transmission Swap - The Next Generation

cougarmandan

Loc.
Bonanza, AR
I like to read this every once in a while and find something new every time. I didn't see the part number for the hall effect VSS signal generator you used. Do you still have it? I am considering my options on VSS for a EEC-V setup. Also, any updates on your project?

stickbnder

so dave how did this turn out? i am about to start the same project, and lookin for info. any thing you would of done different? how is the overall performance of the bronco`s 5.0?

also which software did you get from autoenginuity?

is this it below?

Total Ford ScanTool Bundle
#SP03 - Includes:
• USB ScanTool (ST06)
• Enhanced Ford Expansion
for $399

have you been able to control pretty much anything you wanted with the software? i plan on bypassing the PATS (at first) and probally the second set of O2 sensors.

sorry for all the questions. i have read the entire thread and ALOT of great info. thankyou in advance for any and all of your help...

cbolt

Loc.
Claremore, Ok
Awesome OBD II

Thanks Dave.
Read this post over and over. Finally bought a 96 Xploder then an EB to restore. Did frame off resto and followed most of Dave's instructions. The hydro boost brake system works out great. Bought a BC efi tank and added the evap parts to the top. Used speed sensor from the Xploder with speedo cable from BC. Fiberglass hood clears engine with 2 inch body lift. ZF adapter fits nice but you should be aware this allows trans fluid to flow into transfer case. Not a problem but will run the case over the fill capacity. I am running synthetic atf fluid in trans and case. I even used the disk brakes from the rear of the Xploder.

Added Cobra roller rockers to the engine. This thing runs great! Lots of power. Running 4.30 gears and 33 inch tires. Put about 3k miles on it so far and averages about 15 mpg. I drive it easy. Thank you guys!!!:)