• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR for a stocker?

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Sooooo, what's on the agenda for the stocker Broncos? Are their light trails I could do with a stock Bronco? I remember a thread last year about adding cruises to different places, midnight runs to search for the Fouke Monster, etc?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Lots of stocker trails for ya, Mild to Wild sister. Please do come on and bring the family.

You'll want to come back Every year :D

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I'd bring the family but my kids are still in car seats (and 4-6) and the car seats don't really fit in the stock bench back seat. Since it's in the boonies can you just let the kids free ball it in the back? If the trail is mild? Not a good idea?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Free balling it? Probably not, but securely in seat belts would probably be OK. I would check with the Superlift Park though to see if they have rules on this.

Agree with SuperDave, there are lots of places in the park that stockers can go. Plus there are usually some groups cruising into town for lunch or dinner or to see the sights in Hot Springs.

We always have bunch of LEBC members at OCBR so you should feel right at home! ;D

Actually I had my stocker there last year because my trail rig was down and my wife and I had a blast. You can usually find an open seat on a harder trail ride if you want.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
owned a stocker once, Sure miss that one. :(

Attachments

• DSC_1595.jpg
    DSC_1595.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_1639.jpg
    DSC_1639.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_1867.jpg
    DSC_1867.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 59

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I drove my Cordova stocker on 1, 2, and some 3's last year.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Good to know!
I'll work this summer on figuring out how to get the carseats on the stock bench seat. Otherwise I'll just run out there on my own :)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
kids in seat belts is ok, at least I've always always gotten away with it and felt comfortable doing it, the big thing is keeping them from bouncing around too much, falling out if something happens. but I've always had suspension seats with harnesses that have a larger element of containment. Not pimping, but I do have a line of booster seats available that are very user friendly, but not exactly cheap.

And yes I am still working on the 4-5 hour cruise and exploration, that will hopefully have a cool sight to see as a destination, probably on Wednesday.

and back on subject, yes LOTS to do for a stocker and Hot Springs is a very cool area for your other lifes passions:)

bubba

Loc.
Conway
How old are the kids. I had a couple of my riding while still in booster seats. Any things possible. As long as you stick to 1-2 those are pretty safe trails.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good to know!
I'll work this summer on figuring out how to get the carseats on the stock bench seat. Otherwise I'll just run out there on my own :)

Mom might need some away time anyway right, lol

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
How old are the kids. I had a couple of my riding while still in booster seats. Any things possible. As long as you stick to 1-2 those are pretty safe trails.

4 and 6 years old

COSCAG00

I am planning on bringing my 4 and 7 year old kids as well. It good to know there are options as this is the first trip with the girls along.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You got that right Buster. Road tripping in my
bronco is my R & R time.

lol dat's right Get it while U can

I finally get to see my son coming up from Austin/Leander in a week or so. He goes to UTSA.

He would go wit me to Hot Springs if he was closer

Toddpole

Contributor
lol dat's right Get it while U can

I finally get to see my son coming up from Austin/Leander in a week or so. He goes to UTSA.

He would go wit me to Hot Springs if he was closer

Lots of LEBC folks from SA/Austin area make OCBR. He might be able to carpool.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I had my 4 year old there 5 or so years ago... we did level 4's and 5's with him. We strapped the car seat in and he had a blast. So bringing the kids is no problem. The level of trails are like said, from mild to WILD! It will be a good time and worth the trip either way you come.

Attachments

• OCBR 2009 020.jpg
    OCBR 2009 020.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 18

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Do I need to bring a rental for some serious "Mommy time"?;D

I brought it a few years ago and no one would drive it after my wife flopped it:eek: All though she did, got back on that horse and wiped up on it!

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
OCBR is a really well organized event that has guided rides for all levels of rides, riders, and drivers. Only problem is you'll get hooked and want to do some upgrades to try more trails next year.:)