• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Off to Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale! Pic links added!

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
Asinor u should go with us to smorr at the end of April....there will be a lot of broncos going

ericbee

Can you please post final hammer prices on all of the Broncos in the show? THX

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
What was the story behind the 65 or 66 Fastback Mustang with the Weber carbs sticking out of the hood? Or was that fuel injection on it?

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Can you please post final hammer prices on all of the Broncos in the show? THX

I'll do my best, I was busy unscrewing my phone when that one went. It was 30 or 32.

It was nice, rebuilt Drivetrain, auto, air, power brskes, didn't check the steering, protofab front and rear bumpers, finished in 2006, good paint, no rust, lots of pics in Flickr once I get them uploaded.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
What was the story behind the 65 or 66 Fastback Mustang with the Weber carbs sticking out of the hood? Or was that fuel injection on it?

It's an electronic fuel injected 427 SOHC motor :eek:. I'll take better pics of it and its wirteup tomorrow.

Attachments

• Injected SOHC.jpg
    Injected SOHC.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

EBTX

Pretty nice. Talked to the owner this afternoon. Finished in 2006.

My brother in law was going to bid on that one. Owner told him he bought it off of ebay in 2006 for a few grand. Finished building it recently he said.

BIL didn't have a good feeling about it. He thought it should have gone for less than 20k easy.

He did end up buying the 1949 Hudson (lot 137). Seemed pretty excited about it as well as being shown on the SPEED broadcast.

138212_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
My brother in law was going to bid on that one. Owner told him he bought it off of ebay in 2006 for a few grand. Finished building it recently he said.

BIL didn't have a good feeling about it. He thought it should have gone for less than 20k easy.

He did end up buying the 1949 Hudson (lot 137). Seemed pretty excited about it as well as being on the SPEED broadcast.

I'm not going to comment on what I think it should have gone for other than I was a little surprised, but it was nicely done, a little to much chrome for me. The gray one on Sunday will bring a ton if the one that went today is any indication, it's also a charity sale.

Grats on the Hudson, I didn't look at it, if he is happy that is what matters.

EBTX

I'm not going to comment on what I think it should have gone for other than I was a little surprised, but it was nicely done, a little to much chrome for me. The gray one on Sunday will bring a ton if the one that went today is any indication, it's also a charity sale.

Grats on the Hudson, I didn't look at it, if he is happy that is what matters.

His main comment about the red one was 'nice paint job'. When I asked others questions about it he kept responding 'nice paint job'.

The Hudson is pretty cool. It's a '49 with a 472ci Caddy motor in it. He and my father in law have been on a car collecting kick the last year. A Hudson and a 1940 Willy's Coupe are the two they've been searching for for a little while. Well now they have one of the two left on their wish list.

BIL also commented that he thought the overall prices were really high in Scottsdale as compared to a few of their other auctions he's been to.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
BIL also commented that he thought the overall prices were really high in Scottsdale as compared to a few of their other auctions he's been to.

They are all over the place, the majority seemed on the money to me, some things seemed high and others seemed really low.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I'll do my best, I was busy unscrewing my phone when that one went. It was 30 or 32.
It was nice, rebuilt Drivetrain, auto, air, power brskes, didn't check the steering, protofab front and rear bumpers, finished in 2006, good paint, no rust, lots of pics in Flickr once I get them uploaded.
Didnt see a riser bracket on the axle, not sure how well that thing drives. Thought it would be around $26k. Looks like we are sitting on gold mines. These things go up and up and up! Amazing for the first one. I expect some to be in the $40k's this year if there are nicer ones
They are all over the place, the majority seemed on the money to me, some things seemed high and others seemed really low.
I couldnt believe this Camaro sold for $17k. Seemed like a steal but I havent seen it up closer

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=64.1&aid=466

Price online included the buyers commission

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
It (391) had some paint damage on the left front edge of the hood where it had clearance with the fender problems. It must have arrived after I got to that tent on my picture days. I looked at it this morning for someone, but didn't take any pics.

409 and 451 are the ones to watch.