• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Off to Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Smokin.... And man you should have heard them talking about your car. They said that year and model was the best of all Camaros, and yours was the best of the best. Fun to watch.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Thanks, stay tuned for the incredible line up we have for Scottsdale.

Did anyone see what the orange Bronco brought?

andyp

Contributor
Lot 470 a 1970 went for 33K including comm.

Lot 615 $24,200 1974 "Roadster"

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
are the letters on the ford grill correct? Mine were painted black when I bought mine,

Probably not. As far as I know, the chrome letters only came on Sports, or other upgrade packages, and would have been on an Argent colored grill instead of a white one.
Can't tell if they are red in the centers or not. Kind of look black from this angle. But red would have been correct for the chrome letters. Likely not on that rig though.

I had a look at that 70 yesterday, anybody else notice something wrong with the dash?

Looked funny, but I didn't take the time to look at it. What did you see?

Are all those stickers on the air cleaner and engine bay correct?

Nope. The air cleaner alone is wrong in all sorts of decal ways. In fact, did EB air cleaners even come with decals at all? Other than the occasional warning or smog decal of course.
And even if so, the curved "302" one would have been outermost and the "Ford" one not at all, or at least inboard. And certainly not twice.
There were lots of decals on the driver's fender, but I never noticed whether there was any consistency to their install. Mostly I remember jacking instructions and maybe one or two others along those lines.
Same for the dashboard and sun visor. Now and then there was a decal explaining how to shift the transfer case, or how to change a tire. Or how to use the PTO winch and such.
Doesn't look like any of that in the pic, but most non-EB folk would just think it looks good and not be aware that it's not original.
Not until they get busy here on classic that is! ;D

I've never a power brake bracket like that?

Now that's one funky bracket! Kind of intriguing though. Wonder if it's custom or off of some type of factory install?
Be interesting to find out. But a lot of these auction Broncos seem to have a mishmash of parts. Probably best bang-for-the-buck that way if you're the builder I would think. Use what you can get quick-n-easy, or cheap, or have laying around that will work.
As long as it works, looks ok to someone not versed in the finer details, then it just enhances the value to the new owner and the profit to the builder. Win win.

Paul

AlbertaU14

The 70 is missing the heater controls from the dash. When I looked further all of the heater parts were not under the dash.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
So, you guys that come to the auctions... You really, really need to to pm or call me.

Now that that cat is out of the bag, I have to stay out of the politics forum and watch my manners..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380440556509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380440556509.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 57

gray gables

Probably not. As far as I know, the chrome letters only came on Sports, or other upgrade packages, and would have been on an Argent colored grill instead of a white one.
Can't tell if they are red in the centers or not. Kind of look black from this angle. But red would have been correct for the chrome letters. Likely not on that rig though.

Looked funny, but I didn't take the time to look at it. What did you see?

Nope. The air cleaner alone is wrong in all sorts of decal ways. In fact, did EB air cleaners even come with decals at all? Other than the occasional warning or smog decal of course.
And even if so, the curved "302" one would have been outermost and the "Ford" one not at all, or at least inboard. And certainly not twice.
There were lots of decals on the driver's fender, but I never noticed whether there was any consistency to their install. Mostly I remember jacking instructions and maybe one or two others along those lines.
Same for the dashboard and sun visor. Now and then there was a decal explaining how to shift the transfer case, or how to change a tire. Or how to use the PTO winch and such.
Doesn't look like any of that in the pic, but most non-EB folk would just think it looks good and not be aware that it's not original.
Not until they get busy here on classic that is! ;D

Now that's one funky bracket! Kind of intriguing though. Wonder if it's custom or off of some type of factory install?
Be interesting to find out. But a lot of these auction Broncos seem to have a mishmash of parts. Probably best bang-for-the-buck that way if you're the builder I would think. Use what you can get quick-n-easy, or cheap, or have laying around that will work.
As long as it works, looks ok to someone not versed in the finer details, then it just enhances the value to the new owner and the profit to the builder. Win win.

Paul
As for the jacking instructions sticker, it depends on the year of the bronco. Mine's a 67 and the instructions on are the rear passenger inside fender.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
So, you guys that come to the auctions... You really, really need to to pm or call me.

Now that that cat is out of the bag, I have to stay out of the politics forum and watch my manners..

WOW!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
does anyone have a picture of the "74 Roadster" ?

a2ajapu7.jpg

e2a2yhuv.jpg

mygehyda.jpg

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
The 70 is missing the heater controls from the dash. When I looked further all of the heater parts were not under the dash.

I completely missed that. Otherwise it looked like a very nice rig.

The half-cab wasn't quite as nice IMO, and appeared to have a D30 front despite what the listing said.

The "Salmon" color of the Roadster didn't do much for me, but looked like someone put some work into it.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT

Next time I will. First time at one of these auctions for me and wasn't sure how our other plans were going to turn out. I was only there on Saturday, but we ended up staying to the last car.

andyp

Contributor

Got it. We'll see you in Scottsdale.

OP
OP
asinor

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
The "Salmon" color of the Roadster didn't do much for me, but looked like someone put some work into it.

It did have a lot of work in it and was pretty nice, I thought the color was pretty good, not nearly as pink as the pictures ended up (at least on my monitor at the office).