• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official OCBR Picture Thread.

texastreasures

You got my prayers to Allen

Hope everything works out for you Allen
you got my prayers to
Jason

RAY DUNCAN

Loc.
WAGONER OKLA.
The Duncan Family (Rainbow Bronco and Little Red) from Wagoner, Oklahoma have put you on our prayer list. Heal up quick...cold weather is the best for wheelin...if your lucky you might even get a little ice on those big slick rocks!!

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Unfortunately probably not. I didn't want to bring it up at the roundup but I'm having a surgery October the 11th and they will not be evaluating my return to work and recreation until three weeks post.

Could use some prayers sent my way and probably do it in about three months when it's nice a chilly outside :cool:

I believe good things happen to good people and you will come out of this just fine. Take it easy during your recovery and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
just a note from the north west ,, looks like you folks had a heckuva time . and i see there was a bit of carnage , hope no one got hurt , and mabie one day , us northerners , will crash the party !!!!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Unfortunately probably not. I didn't want to bring it up at the roundup but I'm having a surgery October the 11th and they will not be evaluating my return to work and recreation until three weeks post.

Could use some prayers sent my way and probably do it in about three months when it's nice a chilly outside :cool:

Done deal my friend and a speedy recovery.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
I'm thinking we need to take that road trip next year for the 10th anniversary!

We would WELCOME YOU Northerners with OPEN ARMS!!!!!!

ALSO - FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT ON OUR 'EARLY BIRD' MAILING LIST:
Please email your snail mail address to me ...2Broncos2Go@cox.net
Then when 'Early Bird' registration packets are mailed the 1st of April
(no foolin')....you will receive one! This allows for 'long range' planning.
Also the dates for OCBR 2008
Wednesday Sept. 24th - registration will open at 2pm
event runs through Sat. night Sept. 27th.
Your park fee (paid in registration) also lets you use the park on Sunday
even tho we have no 'schedule' on Sunday at this time.

Pretty-N-Pink

Loc.
Clackamas,Oregon
We would WELCOME YOU Northerners with OPEN ARMS!!!!!!

ALSO - FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT ON OUR 'EARLY BIRD' MAILING LIST:
Please email your snail mail address to me ...2Broncos2Go@cox.net
Then when 'Early Bird' registration packets are mailed the 1st of April
(no foolin')....you will receive one! This allows for 'long range' planning.
Also the dates for OCBR 2008
Wednesday Sept. 24th - registration will open at 2pm
event runs through Sat. night Sept. 27th.
Your park fee (paid in registration) also lets you use the park on Sunday
even tho we have no 'schedule' on Sunday at this time.

Sept 24 is my birthday. Now we have to go. I'll tell the husband he can make it my birthday present! Thanks for the info. I'll get you my address ASAP.

mstark

Loc.
Batesville Arkansas
They did! & THEY DID!
Astark or Mstark can probably give you the best descriptions!

Well, the black bronco is mine, and the green is my father's (astark).

I had broken a front cv joint the day before, and the morning after a very late night of parts running (thanks to yellowrouge and a good friend Bubba) I installed a new front u-joint, and bolted up a different front driveshaft, we ran into some fitment problems with the front u-joint and I had forgotten to retorque the bolts at the xfer case end of the shaft. After a day of leading trails my Dad decided he wanted to get a large group together and run a trail called Rubicon Ridge (still his favorite trail, by the way). Half way through the level three trail my front shaft came apart and I lost my bolts that hold the driveshaft to the xfer case yolk. We decided to try and hook a strap to my Dad's Bronco to assist me getting over the more difficult obstacles in two wheel drive. Three quarters of the way out my Dad runs into trouble getting over a steep lose rock obstacle with the strap attached, so I hop out and disconnect, shortly after this my Dad's brakes fail on the steep incline and he comes crashing backwards into my Bronco. From this point my Bronco rolled/slid backwards into a tree that saved both of us from rolling backwards down an extremely steep embankment.

We're both thankful that no one was injured, and that it was me behind my father and not another person that was in our group. My Bronco made away with a scratch or two, not real sure as I already had some. :p

And my Dad's Bronco has an appointment with a frame straightening machine on the 15th.

And yes, this was the best OCBR to date. ;D

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Sept 24 is my birthday. Now we have to go. I'll tell the husband he can make it my birthday present! Thanks for the info. I'll get you my address ASAP.

Traveling from Oregon might just win you the "Iron Butt" award for the farthest traveled.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God

We would be so honored to have you and the hubby attend, even if his name is still Tito ;D

It's just a little over 2,200 miles each way, and heck, you guys probably drive that just around Oregon every month anyway. If you guys split the driving it would only be about fifteen hours each to get here ;)

I have planned your route and look forward to seeing you guys, I guarantee it will be some of the most fun you have ever had, with some of the finest people you will ever meet :cool:

Attachments

• generateMapForBoundingBox.png
    generateMapForBoundingBox.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 39

mstark

Loc.
Batesville Arkansas
Which reminds me, I got my truck back today and first gear works like a charm.;D It rained on me on my way back home so I didn't test it out much but it does work.

I believe the problem was a bolt that went with the NP435 adapter plate was too long not allowing the shift fork to move all the way over.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Bubba.......welcome aboard my friend, I wasn't expecting to see you here, but I am mighty glad too. When we get some of those Dixon Built stickers made up you will be one of the first to get one ;D

And Thank You again for hauling those Bronco maniacs up to Conway and back Friday night ;)

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
....bubba, just so you know....I fired my other mechanic. ;D

Are the shirts going to be pink? You know thats the new black. :p