• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oh man, awesome score on Bronco time capsule this weekend

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Wow, I am in utter awe. This weekend I picked up a nearly 100% bone stock Bronco about an hour from my house. This is easily the most unmolested Bronco I have ever seen in person. It has some wiring issues, and the inner fenders and front floor pans need to be replaced, but other than that, the Bronco pretty much looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. It doesn't look like the hard top has ever been removed, it still has the three on a tree, manual everything, original AM radio and speaker in working condition, 6-cyl that runs perfectly, straight body, decent paint, working vaccum wipers, and about $1000 worth of extra parts in the back including a brand new painless harness. I scored this beauty for the grand sum of $2000. :cool: I was struggling to not grin from ear to ear as I was counting out the two grand while the guy I bought it from signed the pink slip. I think I finally need to become a contributor just to show off pics of my new little cruiser. And just so none of you call bullshit on my awesome find, here's the add: ;D

http://stockton.craigslist.org/car/219406165.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Pics will be posted tomorrow........I gotta take some of it sitting on my property. I keep going out and staring at it sitting on the driveway :cool:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I don't care how nice it might be...my wife would shoot me right now if I got another bronco. But good for you.

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I call BS, just kidding.

Awesome score!, I'm always searching for those types of rigs. I think the holy grail of EBs is finding those that have never had the top off.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
GrantMurray said:
I call BS, just kidding.

Awesome score!, I'm always searching for those types of rigs. I think the holy grail of EBs is finding those that have never had the top off.

Or one that never had a top on it.

Sounds like a great deal.

Bear1911

brian72 said:
I don't care how nice it might be...my wife would shoot me right now if I got another bronco. But good for you.

That is why I keep all the ammo....;D

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
As promised...Pics! So the hundred dollar question I now have is would it be blasphemous to add a stock power steering setup and change it to a halfcab?

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 218

DozerDoug

Loc.
Fairbanks Alaska
Its yours, you can do whatever you want with it. That being said I'd probably just leave it the way it is, that thing looks to be in great shape. Fix the wiring and polish it up. Nice find.:D

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
DRBRONCO69 said:
Nice find. Gonna keep the bumpers on it?

Not sure. They do look kind of out of place don't they? Chrome bumpers would be easy to find, but weren't stock bumpers in '68 painted?

DocLewis

Loc.
Hornsby, TN
thegreatjustino said:
As promised...Pics! So the hundred dollar question I now have is would it be blasphemous to add a stock power steering setup and change it to a halfcab?

Wow! What a beauty! OK to add power steering and disk brakes (you can do the Chebby conversion on the Dana 30), but don't change it to a halfcab, is my opinion. Doc

pikapp691

Some guys just have luck and some like myself just have C R A P for luck.

Nice find, and i second power steering (good idea) leave the full top in place.

Looks awesome the wat it sits!!

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
thegreatjustino said:
Not sure. They do look kind of out of place don't they? Chrome bumpers would be easy to find, but weren't stock bumpers in '68 painted?

Not sure. My 69 had painted ones on it when I bought it. I would find some stock painted ones for it though. I think it would look good.