• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ok need help very confused

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
Nest said:
Here is the deal at current I have a 1994 fullsize bronco and love it. However It is killing me in gas, 33gal tank+10 MPG+70 mile round trip= no $. I have always wanted a classic bronco and my twisted mind has decided I need to sell the fullsize and get the classic. My friends and wife call me crazy, say there ugly and just all round negative about the idea. But I can't help it something keeps pulling me to the eb's. So i need some information to make an informed decision. Average MPG, how much gas do the eb's hold single tank, dual tank? Would it be a wise decision? Please all info and commits accepted. good and bad. Please help me make the right choice. thanks
Buy a Honda, and use the money you save on gas to build an EB.
Tom

Brewbro21

I wouldn't have blinked twice on the idea to sell the big bronco to buy an EB. I use my EB as my daill driver and my week end warrior, it's always awesome to pull up behind the guys that trailer their rigs to the trail pull a few of them out and then pass them up on the ride home, always love seeing their faces.

Early Broncos are by far the best looking 4X4 out there, and my opinion is all that matters. :cool:

OP
OP
N

Nest

Loc.
H-Town
Thanks for all the guidence. I did not realize that changing the Halfcab to Fullcab needed to be approved :p , but if it makes you feel better I would want to keep the halfcab and have the fullcab to boot, best of both worlds I figure. The only thing about the half cab I found is that they screwed new metal over the original floors, they were rusted but not flintstones floors, looked like eveything had been coated in POR 15 or something like it. makes me nervous none the less. Thanks again, any more advise welcomed.

In fact someone on here may know more about it its a 70' halfcab thats red and used to have flames on it. It at Ford Specialties inc, or something like that, I think the guy that runs the place is named James. Maybe he's here. Anyone have any info on this place and his work.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
For me it more of a passion instead of a possession. I also had a Full-sized bronco; a 91. :-*

I believe if you get a 302 with 5spd you'd make better gas mileage that your full-sized (saving $$) :eek: . It would also be easier to maintain (saving $$) :eek: . It would also increase in value every year (making $$) :eek: .

My old 91 is now worth 5k :'(
My old 77 is now worth 14k :D

So, I'll leave it to your best judgement :) .

Mick
:cool:

ghost66

Bronco Guru
kidding

just kidding about the vote, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for especially if you hang around this site for a few weeks you'll be a very informed buyer. Good luck and welcome to the gang