• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old Wide Duff Flares. What are they worth?

hammer

Bronco Guru
So say I found a set of the old school duff flares that are new and have never been installed. If said story were to happen, what would one think these are worth?

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
IMHO fiberglass flares are worthless. Compared to the modern flexible ones, they are in inferior design. About the only thing I can say they would have going for them is ease of painting them any color you want. For a street only Bronco they may be worthwhile.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
IMHO fiberglass flares are worthless. Compared to the modern flexible ones, they are in inferior design. About the only thing I can say they would have going for them is ease of painting them any color you want. For a street only Bronco they may be worthwhile.

X2, mine had a set when I got it, one was cracked. One of the first things I did was pull them off and install WH Gorilla flares. Much better, IMO.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Okay maybe they're not fiberglass. They're these;

Attachments

• 3312004145050.jpg
    3312004145050.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 283

nelson_bros

Loc.
los anchorage

nope, mine don't match those in that picture. they almost look like the bushwackers i had on my Superduty.
my Duff's still have the welting and rivets in the baggies, with the Sequim Washington address, so i don't think they are the newest version.

jarrod

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru

>>>> those are made of fiberglass ,but I wouldn't call them old school like the smaller first generation fiberglass flares back when.... these 4" flares were made of a flexible gel coat & mat.... james duff called it flexi-glass ..... they were designed as more of a street flare to painted with a hidden screws/bolts & hold their shape better versus the very flexible trail version 4" flares with exposed screws like on project Crazy Horse...... james duff was coming out with a new version ,but it hasn't happened yet .... copy& paste from products in development page >> 4" Trail Flares in Duff's Space Age Material

With trails getting harder and tires getting bigger, it was time to advance Duff's popular 4" flexi-glass flare to be able to handle the use of today's hardcore wheeler or urban driving abuse. Based on the same two-piece design as the original Trail Flex flare, we have built prototypes out of the same space-age poly that is used in Duff's top selling UFO flares. The smooth outer finish with no visible mounting screws makes for a grea look. They are ideal for a daily driver or wide tires and can be easily painted.

Look for the 4" Trail Flares to be released January 2008.

rdukw

I would be interested if any of these sets are still available.

thanks
Ryan

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I have a set of rears. I actually still don't know what I have. They are a wide flexible flare with a seperate fiberglass piece that mounts to the body.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I have $5 bucks thats says....They will look good as a display in some foreign country.....

anoblefox

Contributor
I have duffs ORIGINAL fiberglass flares, front and rear. I would be interested if this is what you have. You never know, they are old and could get broken and it would be nice to have A replacement available, so they would match.

rdukw

Unfortunately they won't help me unless I have front and back. Unless some one happens to have a set of fronts laying around. Thanks anyways