• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinion on this ebay power brake setup

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I guess it wouldn't be as good as the 9-inch booster but it would still be great compared to standard brakes and that price is unreal. Wow hard to say no to that.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I ran the stock booster on my 76’ for a few years, running 35” tires. I switched over to hydro boost about 10 years ago, night and day difference over the vac set up. Depending on how you’re set up, (how far off you’re from stock) hydro boost is much more effective than vacuum boost.

Mark

unimogger

Loc.
Philthadelphia
and that price is unreal. Wow hard to say no to that.

It's not unreal when you have to buy another booster or master. Then you've paid more than the usual price, but double your labor.

Consider that for at price, someone is making a few bucks, paying the ebay fee, AND buying it and shipping it here from east bumblefuck. There's absolutely no room for quality control at that price point. When your forty dollar DOOSAN radio stops working you get to ride in silence and you know it's because you bought a cheap radio. When your brakes crap out going down a mountain or in traffic, then what?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
It's not unreal when you have to buy another booster or master. Then you've paid more than the usual price, but double your labor.

Consider that for at price, someone is making a few bucks, paying the ebay fee, AND buying it and shipping it here from east bumblefuck. There's absolutely no room for quality control at that price point. When your forty dollar DOOSAN radio stops working you get to ride in silence and you know it's because you bought a cheap radio. When your brakes crap out going down a mountain or in traffic, then what?

Oh I think its okay....

It' appears to be the same master cylinder that wildhorses has sold for 20 years. I'm sure the 8-inch booster is the same one that all the vendors used to sell but now have all upgraded to the nine inch booster or the double diaphragm booster so the older style 8-inch booster is not so popular anymore with our main vendors. Therefore there's a bunch of them out there with little demand which means prices will be low. If you're not running larger than a 33 inch tire that original style vacuum booster will work great.

Last edited:

needsmoarturbo

I have one but have not installed it yet. It looks like parts to me. I'm not sure what to expect these days when pretty much all parts are made in China. I guess if the booster or master craps out I'll try to replace them with God parts from Napa but I thought it would be worth a shot vs that price for just the bracket alone from an oem bronco.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I ran a new booster and master from Jeff's. Still running stock tires. Truck will lock up all four rather easily.

I think if you were to run 35+ inch tires, you may want to look to hydroboost. With the advent of electric steering, most cars are going back to vac assist boosters.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I switched over to hydro boost about 10 years ago, night and day difference over the vac set up. Depending on how you’re set up, (how far off you’re from stock) hydro boost is much more effective than vacuum boost.

Mark

This. ^
Hydroboost is so much better. one of my better upgrades for sure.