• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Options for Lifting

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
I am fairly new to the Bronco world and have been trying to decide on what lift to put on my Bronco. It is a 70 uncut (for now), how many people just cringed on that comment? But I was hoping some people could post a few pictures and let me know how much lift, body and suspension they have so I can get an idea of what I like. Size of tires would be nice to know as well. One of the main reason I am wondering about this is because I am looking at the ZF swap and everybody claims a 2 inch body lift is the best option on it. So I would like to know how much more lift I would need to get the appearance I want. Thanks Brad

OP
OP
93dangerranger

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
Thanks for the advice, but still want to cut them. I am not one to sale vehicles after I keep them for a little while, so I will keep it and am not too worried about the value dropping or how rare it is. Just want it to be what I want. Am up for trades on a cut one if someone is interested in keeping mine uncut.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Cut it if you want unless it is a REALLY good original condition survivor (then please don't!). But search and you will find numerous threads with lots of pics. Personally I like 3 1/2" suspension lift plus 1 or 2" of body lift with 35" tires. Good proportions for an EB.

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
8" all suspension. 38.5 boggers.
P5170091.jpg

OP
OP
93dangerranger

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
No worries. Guess I should have said that. I guess you thought I was wondering about lifting it now before I cut it. Either way, that was a good thread to view. Sure are some good looking Broncos in there.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
I thought about cutting mine for awhile, I'm glad I didn't look at the Luber thread, there are a lot of really good looking lifted uncut broncos, with the right amount of lift and 33-35s, every bit as caplable off road, and they look better than the cut ones, in my opinion,

but it is your bronco...there are a lot of broncos on here some tasteful done, some hacked and ugly, you need to make it your own...I guarantee when I'm done with mine, it won't meet 100% approval of everyone, look at the broad spectrum of broncos on this site they are meant to be enjoyed

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It is not in extremely good condition. May be to good to cut, but it is what I have and it will eventually be cut unless someone comes along with a trade of one that s cut. Here are a few pictures of it. http://s1267.beta.photobucket.com/user/93dangerranger/library/Bronco I had it for sale on here, but my wife and. Have decided to keep it.

Actually not a bad looking survivor. Looks to have minimal surface rust. Tough call! But you (or a future owner) can always take it back to uncut with new quarters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
93dangerranger

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
It does have a very good body on it. Needs all floor pans and some rusty places under the hood and passenger door jamb. Besides that it seems to be a great start. Looking forward to a lifelong project. That is for sure what it will be on my budget. Too many upgrades already in mind.

73BroncoRanger

It is not in extremely good condition. May be to good to cut, but it is what I have and it will eventually be cut unless someone comes along with a trade of one that s cut. Here are a few pictures of it. http://s1267.beta.photobucket.com/user/93dangerranger/library/Bronco I had it for sale on here, but my wife and. Have decided to keep it.

If it weren't for the miles (distance) I would definitely be interested in a trade for mine, I plan to put my fenders back to original

boonz28

This is one of the cool things about the Wild Horses catalogue. It has a lot of pictures of lifted broncos (cut & uncut) and tells how much suspension / body lift and what size tires the trucks have.

OP
OP
93dangerranger

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
I will try to download their catalogue and look at some in it and see what I like. Thanks guys. Pics from members would still be great as well.

OP
OP
93dangerranger

93dangerranger

Loc.
Crossville
Come on guys. I know there are plenty of people who have lifted Broncos that I would love to see pics of and know what size each lift is. I am also interested in trading for an already cut Bronco like 73BroncoRanger offered. We were too far apart with him in Florida for a logical trade. So, pics would be nice and if anybody is up for a trade to save an uncut from being cut, I would listen to offers on that as well. Thanks for all the help. Brad

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I'm at work so my pic's are limited at the moment, you can go on my build thread for a better picture with the roof on. That being said, here is a shot of 2.5" lift with no body lift and 33" tires.

Attachments

• phone 231.jpg
    phone 231.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 28