• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overlanding Across the Continental Divide in Ford Broncos

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some of those are legit calendar pics for sure. And some of that drone footage! If you could make some still shots at high res, there are some angles that would make for some excellent calendar contenders.

Looks like a great time was had by all. And hopefully Drew was found somewhere in the country.
Once again, it's highlighted that if you've never wheeled in the amazing states of Colorado or Utah, you really need to.
Yes, even you there with your $100,000+ Broncos, there are some epics spots to have lunch and camp where you would not break anything or even scratch the paint. Well, as long as you were extra careful anyway.
But even if you have to rent a Jeep, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Uh, Mitch... Did they come back for you? Did you get your nap? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard from you lately.:eek:

Paul

crab

Bronco Guru
Beautiful country. I was elk hunting in northern New Mexico a couple weeks ago. Would love to go on that journey some day!

Attachments

• BB578829-7A9B-4E4F-A55C-01D215A15BFA.jpg
    BB578829-7A9B-4E4F-A55C-01D215A15BFA.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DBD953FA-D405-4EFF-A193-96B3F54E0A3C.jpg
    DBD953FA-D405-4EFF-A193-96B3F54E0A3C.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 3998EA58-9132-4E9E-874C-45B78F85223D.jpg
    3998EA58-9132-4E9E-874C-45B78F85223D.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 45

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
for the guys running topless what frozen Iron balls you have. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us mere mortals.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Awesome video!!! I would absolutely love to do this trip! I think I have a goal to work towards now. ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For everyone asking, I'm still out here in Utah. They never picked me up :( ;D

We've been trying to put together a search-n-rescue party, but everybody who's home says the fire's warm, the beer's cold, and the dogs are sound asleep in the back seat and nobody wants to disturb them.
Besides, they just finished unpacking from the first trip!

Hang in there though. I'm sure we'll get you back in time for the swap-meet.

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Sorry for Mitch maybe find him in the thaw next spring. At least the service bays will be empty and you guys can get back to legitimate work for the owner.

Maybe a group of Sasquatches will take him and keep him warm at night. Can we call Matts Offroad Recovery to get him? Then he will be a you tube sensation. I'm sure you can assemble a search party next June when the snow melts and have a whole fleet of Broncos for the run. Theirs now allot of interest after exposure.

Is there a GO FUND me page for Mitch's rescue? air drop a survival package maybe. Are their wolves out there?

Some one please help Mitch !!

Last time this type of thing Happened Mr. Donner ate his passengers and survived but I don't think anyone would ride with Mitch so he is on his own.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I've been meaning to ask. What route did ya'll take? I saw a post talking about Hancock pass, and a pic of what looks like the Utah state line west of Paradox CO.

We've been discussing doing Rim Rocker from Montrose to Moab and I've done most of the TAT from the Mississippi to Moab but haven't done from Telluride to Moab. Always enjoy long distance exploring. its often nice to just have the essentials, leave the trailer behind and head out.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've been meaning to ask. What route did ya'll take? I saw a post talking about Hancock pass, and a pic of what looks like the Utah state line west of Paradox CO.

We've been discussing doing Rim Rocker from Montrose to Moab and I've done most of the TAT from the Mississippi to Moab but haven't done from Telluride to Moab. Always enjoy long distance exploring. its often nice to just have the essentials, leave the trailer behind and head out.

Buena Vista-Hancock Pass-Pitkin-Montrose-Ouray-Ophir Pass-Telluride-bunch of towns in rural,western CO-Moab was our basic route. There was one small town of ~50 people in western CO that had 5 EBs in it! Due to some delays/vehicle issues, we didn't do as much dirt as originally planned but it was still a blast. I'm a big fan of self-contained, extended vehicle exploration/travel, etc. myself.

lars and ntsqd on here have led some epic trips over the years that some of us have been able to participate in. We were gone about 10 days (with one shower!) in 2008 when we did the Mojave Road and lots of stuff in the Death Valley area. I think that was about a 3500 mile trip for me. In 2011 and 2013, I joined them for remote trips in NV and a few adjoining states for 5-6 day trips and about 2500-3000 miles as well.

Good tests of both you and your vehicle!

Todd Z.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last time this type of thing Happened Mr. Donner ate his passengers and survived but I don't think anyone would ride with Mitch so he is on his own.

I heard Mitch had started chewing on a finger when an airplane flew over and that caused him to hold out a little longer??

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Buena Vista-Hancock Pass-Pitkin-Montrose-Ouray-Ophir Pass-Telluride-bunch of towns in rural,western CO-Moab was our basic route. There was one small town of ~50 people in western CO that had 5 EBs in it! Due to some delays/vehicle issues, we didn't do as much dirt as originally planned but it was still a blast. I'm a big fan of self-contained, extended vehicle exploration/travel, etc. myself.

lars and ntsqd on here have led some epic trips over the years that some of us have been able to participate in. We were gone about 10 days (with one shower!) in 2008 when we did the Mojave Road and lots of stuff in the Death Valley area. I think that was about a 3500 mile trip for me. In 2011 and 2013, I joined them for remote trips in NV and a few adjoining states for 5-6 day trips and about 2500-3000 miles as well.

Good tests of both you and your vehicle!

Todd Z.
Thanks! I was close, I missed Ophir. I got creative with a few extra days coming home from Moab a few years ago and towed the TAT across the plains of CO and NM, got some really weird looks passing the few folks we saw...LOL

MikeCon

A little cold for a S.Fl. native. Let me know when you decide to take on the Everglades.