• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Perforated inner fenders

knack

Contributor
Does anyone have experience with the perforated inner front fender panels available from a couple different vendors? They seem like a good way to get some heat out from under the hood.
My inner fenders/core support are coming back from the painters pretty soon and I'm thinking about adding these panels while the body parts are still out in the open and easy to work on.
Thanks,
Knack

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Bump

I have some perferated steel sitting in the garage awaiting this mod myself. I guess I should here some feedback first.

jeffdukovac

Scott @ American Bronco make them and has done some temp studies on them. Call him @562-569-1991

Sabas

I know that Scott @americanbroncos keeps his undertemp down, He has a 351 in his & wheels in the desert. He was @ TDS this weekend & didn't have any heating issues.
Sabas

OP
OP
K

knack

Contributor
Thanks for the information! Especially you Scott - if you want to send a set up to northern WI for evaluation, keep me in mind. We have a particular mix of red clay, sausage casings, cow s**t, beer, pine cones, and cheese mixed in the ground up here - could be a valuable test of your product.
Knack

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
We have done plenty of Azusa Canyon mud running and the engine bay stays surprisingly clean. Azusa mud consists of goo that can grab a sneaker and rip it clean off your foot.

Scott
ABCO