• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pick n Pull Trip

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
Just picked up an Astro Van hydro boost set up and a set of old Ford beauty rings and a steering shaft. Grand total. $23.00. Think I did good.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
AHHHHH! Pick and pull those were the days!;D Now I'm sitting in front of this computer taking a break from catalog work.:cool:

Jim

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
I actually went back to get a saganah pump off a van they had 2 weeks ago. No such luck. Van had been crushed last week. Found 2 pumps that looked similar but didn’t want to take a chance and waste money. Interesting that several Dodge trucks had what appear to be that same power steering pump. Gotta do some research.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Then CA pickapart s would have charged you fee s Fee to get in, removal fee, smog fee, breathing fee, farting fee for air contamination. I remember a long time ago I found a 66 bronco and the transfer case was laying in the ground and it was 15 bucks. Sorry I’m just old and bitter But is is 78 degrees and clear right now

Good old times

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
Then CA pickapart s would have charged you fee s Fee to get in, removal fee, smog fee, breathing fee, farting fee for air contamination. I remember a long time ago I found a 66 bronco and the transfer case was laying in the ground and it was 15 bucks. Sorry I’m just old and bitter But is is 78 degrees and clear right now

Good old times

It’s a little different here in South Georgia. However they do charge us $2 to get in and use a wheel borrow if you need one. They also have a sink and Gojo when your done. I only wish they had more older stuff. Getting hard to find for sure.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Charge a fee to go into a pick and pull?

What's next, charge little kids to go into Toys-R-Us?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If our local pick and pulls are asking for an entry fee it's because they are allowing you to drag anything out of there you want for that fee. A lot of them will let you carry a wheel barrel in there with you. And you can put a tranny or a four-cylinder engine in one of those sometimes. So yeah I don't recall any of them charging a fee unless it was you can have anything you want for that fee.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I went shopping this spring, hit a few in town. After a couple I learned to check the inventory. What's the oldest Ford you have? 1985. Save my $2.

One yard had a premium vehicle section, that had the only 70's ford pickup to be found anywhere. Another had a classic car section, that had a fair bit of hoard worthy stuff, but not good stuff. Only thing if interest was a '74 Econoline.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
So were do you go to pick and pull in Thomasville? I use to live there and we would go to a junk yard on hwy 84 we were robing parts off school busses to keep F600 silage trucks going. That was in the early 90's my old boss at that time now owns packs junk yard on county farm road.

OP
OP
redfishtony

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
So were do you go to pick and pull in Thomasville? I use to live there and we would go to a junk yard on hwy 84 we were robing parts off school busses to keep F600 silage trucks going. That was in the early 90's my old boss at that time now owns packs junk yard on county farm road.

Ford Man, Ive been going to Cox in Moultrie. If you watch their website they have an inventory list of the vehicles they have on the yard and list weekly specials they run. Nice to see a local on here and congrats on Lee County Football.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Our local pick and pull is an LKQ. They charge $3 now to get in. They have an online sign up system where they will notify you via email whenever a vehicle you have selected comes into their yard. Works well for parts for my full size Broncos (73 up F150's have some compatible parts). I've yet to receive a notification on an early Bronco though!! LOL

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA

Good old times

You forgot the fee for the recycle value of the part... More if it is made of aluminum... It is so bad that I rarely go here anymore. But I do go when I am up in Idaho... At least they have not lost their mind on charges.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Yeah, these NoCal yards have a price list online for their parts and I have seen some prices higher than the auto parts store..