• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picking color to paint

AAUTOBUYERS

Loc.
KNOXVILLE TN
Ready to pick out the colors on new build. Does anyone know of a program online that will let you customize colors and see them on a Bronco

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Actual color on a computer screen is nothing like the real paint sample. Computer monitors can't duplicate the color correctly. If you are looking for a color I suggest going to a bodyshop or a auto body paint jobber and ask them to see the color books. Take them outside in the daylight and pick a color. Then have them make a sprayout of it and look at it again in the daylight. The larger the sample the better.

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
I found a drawing a while back you can color yourself ,but I would just look in the garage to get real world ideas.Money green is always nice...

74baja

If you are picky and want to really seewhat it will look like. and you are patient, get a RC body kit for 30 bucks..I recommend the Tamiya one here http://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Body-F...1385740109&sr=8-1&keywords=tamiya+bronco+body ...the scale is spot on.. and then you paint the scheme you think you want. this is what classic car guys have been doing for a long time... or you can just guess and pull the trigger from pictures you've seen... If your asking for color ideas I would do a Stroppe color scheme without any hesitation....Wimbledon white and calypso coral with black accents gets my vote.

u10072

Bronco Guru
Have you ever painted before? That should have some bearing as some colors are much easier to paint.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Have you ever painted before? That should have some bearing as some colors are much easier to paint.

They are all easy to paint :cool: Seriously though, it's all about the gun, technique, and practice. A good quality gun is essential for good metallic control and atomization. Overlap and distance are also critical. If you do decide to paint yourself get an old hood from a bodyshop and lay it flat and practice on it.