• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of Bronco front Bumpers wanted!?

kntr

Bronco Guru
Hanson
DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

Protofab
DSC00515.jpg

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Well, I ordered the Protofab's front and back..yee-haa
Now I can mount my winch.
And then I can order bigger tires now that I will have a bumper to hold a larger tire! .
...And then I can ....and then I can ....and then.........;)
.................It will never end will it!?;D

dieselracer

Loc.
Citrus Heights, CA
I really like the look of the stealth bumpers, what is the best way to attach a winch bumper. Do most people use the stock frame horns with C channel, or do they customize the frame horns somehow?

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
I really like the look of the stealth bumpers, what is the best way to attach a winch bumper. Do most people use the stock frame horns with C channel, or do they customize the frame horns somehow?

I'd worry about the stock frame horns not holding up if you used the winch very hard.

You can use 2"x4" square tubing for the inserts into the frame, and then weld 3/16 plate vertically between the ears on the frame horn on the outside of the 2x4 tubing. In other words "box in" the frame horns so that the tubing will fit inside it. The 2x4 tubing should be part of your bumper and you can then bolt it in the frame.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
here is mine...posting a complete thread later.

Attachments

• sm_pic14.jpg
    sm_pic14.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 160

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Protofab

Protofab. I may shorten the height of the push bar and repaint it. I think it is too tall. I would have them cut it down a little before they ship it to you.

Attachments

• Bronco2.JPG
    Bronco2.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 145

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I'd worry about the stock frame horns not holding up if you used the winch very hard.

You can use 2"x4" square tubing for the inserts into the frame, and then weld 3/16 plate vertically between the ears on the frame horn on the outside of the 2x4 tubing. In other words "box in" the frame horns so that the tubing will fit inside it. The 2x4 tubing should be part of your bumper and you can then bolt it in the frame.

The Stealth front bumpers fit pretty close up to the truck. I had to cut the frame horns off. The 2x4 tubing extends a ways back into the frame. There is no way that thing if getting pulled off without ripping 8 inches or so of the front frame with it.

The rear stealth bumper does not fit as close up to the body so I did weld some plate to the sides of the horns to make sure there were never going to be any surprises when I pulled something hard.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru

Has anyone actually seen this take place?
I have always gone by the rule that one never winches another rig that is bigger/heavier than said winching vehicle. i.e. a bronco trying to winch a super duty truck that is stuck? Or as I read in one post on this site..someone winching a school bus!!??? :eek: ;D

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Has anyone actually seen this take place?
I have always gone by the rule that one never winches another rig that is bigger/heavier than said winching vehicle. i.e. a bronco trying to winch a super duty truck that is stuck? Or as I read in one post on this site..someone winching a school bus!!??? :eek: ;D

It's not so much the weight of the vehicle, but how bad they are stuck. A school bus that can't get traction because of ice on pavement would be easier to winch/pull than a Bronco buried past the frame in heavy snow or mud. One of the guys in our club is into snow bashing. He has a video of a run where they were driving on heavy spring snow and he broke through and buried it past the frame. A Bronco in front of him was trying to pull him out with a tow strap. They ended up yanking the front bumper off the stuck Bronco - sheared off at the frame horns on both sides, and it was a stout built bumper. So yes it does happen, in this case with a pull strap instead of a winch.

hammer

Bronco Guru
Modified ARB Bumper from a land rover defender.

Attachments

• Front Bumper 1.jpg
    Front Bumper 1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Front Bumper 2.jpg
    Front Bumper 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Front Bumper 3.jpg
    Front Bumper 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 72

texastreasures

Another Bailie Bilt Bumper painted Tan

Another Bailie Bilt Bumper painted Tan. Installation on this bumper was very easy. This bumper goes pretty deep into the frame rails as well and utilizes existing factory holes.
Heres the rear as well.

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 64
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 109

hammer

Bronco Guru
hammer - bumper looks great - what mods had to be made and did you do them or ARB or ???

Bought it used. Made the mounts to go inside the frame and cut off all the "bush guard" part.

Attachments

• Bumper 003.jpg
    Bumper 003.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Primer 009.jpg
    Primer 009.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 65

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Here's mine, I built it myself- I don't have a winch on it, but it wouldn't take much to make it winch ready. I still have to powder coat it.

Attachments

• 1008081443.jpg
    1008081443.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 1008081449b.jpg
    1008081449b.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 1008081449a.jpg
    1008081449a.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Okaa I STARTED THIS POST so I figured I ought to make the announcement!

...Got my Proto Fab front and back bumpers!
...yee-haaa off to the powder coater they go!
......I will take before and after pics!
Only thing is these bumpers are calling for a truck that has at least 35's on it!..shoot I only wanted ot go 33's...well I am still stickin with the 33's.

They do however seem heavy..you know I am into mountain biking. I remember years ago guys were drilling holes all over items in order to "lighten" the item.

...dare I take a drill to my new bumpers in strategic places of course, to lighten the load!??

I'm kidding the things would look like swiss cheese...heh-heh(watch some-one come out with the idea though!...remember it was me that suggested it!:cool: ;D