• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of Hanson rocker gaurds please

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I just got started trying to fit my Hansons on my truck.. I cant decide if I want to trim them to fit between the flares, or trim the flares and run the gaurds from wheel opening to wheel opening... I really dont wanna cut those high dollar gorilla war flares, but I think thats the best way.. I need some pics of both ways please.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You'd have to go here: http://www.americanbronco.com/products/rockprotection.html
to see them.
I'm hemming and hawing myself. I like the look of them in-between the flares, but feel that, for the best protection, the only way to go is to cut the flares and run the guards underneath.
This not only protects the flares (Gorilla's probably don't need as much protecting as other brands though) from getting scraped off the fender, but protects the full rocker and fender edges.

Good luck whichever way you go. And post up some pics when you get it done.

Paul

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I'm hemming and hawing myself. I like the look of them in-between the flares, but feel that, for the best protection, the only way to go is to cut the flares and run the guards underneath.

Paul

This is what has me too.. I know the right/best way is to cut the flares. but damn they are expensive..
TTT
anybody got pics for us to mull over

JoeLat

Here's how I did mine....

behind the front flare but set into the rear flares.

Attachments

• rock ski 1.JPG
    rock ski 1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 196
  • rock ski 2.JPG
    rock ski 2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 230
  • rock ski 3.JPG
    rock ski 3.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 247

markyyg

Contributor
Hanson rockers

Very nice clean install, almost looks like they came from the factory. great job

JoeLat

Very nice clean install, almost looks like they came from the factory. great job

Thanks! fiberglass flares made it easier to fit, used a dremel:) I wanted to put a grippier coating on the top edge of mine like you have on yours but didn't have time to do that before the install. These are mitered and capped from Scott over at American. He did a great job and was super helpful!

97XEB

Timely thread. I'm in the middle of my install now. I got the Driver's side on yesterday. Mine are uncapped and un-cut from Scott at American Bronco. I cut the rear flares just above the top edge of the rocker lip. I cut the rockers to match how the rear fender is cut. I'll try to post pics once they are installed.

I think it looks pretty good and offers the most protection.

At some point though, I will try to have them capped.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Heres mine capped by me and coated with spray bed liner. My flares have the same thing on them.

Attachments

• Bronco Av.JPG
    Bronco Av.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Copy of Rockers.JPG
    Copy of Rockers.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Hansens 1.JPG
    Hansens 1.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 176
  • P4010031.JPG
    P4010031.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 131

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Here are a few more from my former 75...

Attachments

• RockskiR-Frt.JPG
    RockskiR-Frt.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 119
  • RockskiL-Rr.JPG
    RockskiL-Rr.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 121
  • RockskiL-Frt.JPG
    RockskiL-Frt.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Rockski-FrtPlate.JPG
    Rockski-FrtPlate.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Rockski-Bottom2.JPG
    Rockski-Bottom2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Rockski-Bottom.JPG
    Rockski-Bottom.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Rockski-RTop.JPG
    Rockski-RTop.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 129

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Doug, those look real nice! Still got a pair from WCB I need to put on the '69. Anyone ever box a hole in the side of them to get a high lift jack into to jack your rig up from the side? I'm considering it before I throw mine on.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Looks good.. How do you like the bed liner on them?
How did u attach the bolts on the top of the gaurd under the door? Are they really long? Do they go all the way through the rocker?

The bed liner is from WalMart, and is Rustolium. I applied it over POR 15 while it was still tacky. I was on some rocks in Moab this spring and just did a touch up with a can of the same and you can't even tell.

As far as the bolts.

What he said, [ Quote 904Bronco] Here are a few more from my former 75... [/QUOTE]
It is the same thing I did and I based it off of his nice install. I seen his post from a few years back and liked his job so well I did the same thing.

JoeLat

I didn't put bolts all along the top like ManTruck and 904bronco, but might at some point. However, they are plenty stout with the basic install (2 bolts up top each end).

You guys did nice installs. 904's original pics really sold me on getting these rockers over others. Mantruck...like your rig, looks good.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
With just the two bolts on the outside are they strong enough to step on? I know no matter what I say or do someone will want to stand on them.

Greg

JoeLat

With just the two bolts on the outside are they strong enough to step on? I know no matter what I say or do someone will want to stand on them.

Greg

absolutely, my 230# weight was no issue at all. I used a backing plate as per the install instructions. They are plenty solid.