• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of my new White Bikini Top from BroncoCovers.com!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I spent a long time looking for a white bikini top and couldn't find anyone that still made them. I contacted SaddleUp on this board and he offered to make me a vinyl one at a reasonable price. It took much longer than I expected to get delivered but overall I'm happy with the product and it does seem very durable. I've got to find a better mounting location to secure the top as there seems to a bit of a sag in the middle. The other bikini tops that I've seen have the straps pulling from the rear of the top, this one pulls more form along the sides. Its a bit different design. Any tips out there to secure the top to limit sag? ... And of course - what do you all think?? :)

- - Couldn't get the dog out of the pics - everytime I lower the tailgate he jumps in and wont leave!! %)

Attachments

• Bikini Top1.jpg
    Bikini Top1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 301
  • Bikini Top2.jpg
    Bikini Top2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Bikini Top3.jpg
    Bikini Top3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Bikini Top4.jpg
    Bikini Top4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Bikini Top5.jpg
    Bikini Top5.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I could only find black and brown everywhere I looked.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
I could only find black and brown everywhere I looked.

I just looked myself and see what you mean.....

Not sure why they stopped making white, it's a very neutral color. My old white top would get dirty but a little clorox solution would clean it up good.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
It turned out a little different than I expected. In the future I think I'll make them taper to the center more at the rear. See if you can reposition the straps so it will pull on the rear and side at the same time to tighten it up. If you can't get it to fit better let me know via email and we can discuss making some changes to the design and get another one sent out.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
The edges don't look right. It looks like the back of the top needs to go up so that the top is perpendicular to the Bronco's body lines. Right now it looks like the top is going down hill.

Sorry bud, I know you probably wanted a better comment, but that's just what I see.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Rick - thanks for the offer of generosity. I am happy with the top as long as I can get it to fit right. I'll spend some more time with it this weekend and report back to you with my thoughts/comments.

After looking at a few others you can see how different the design is based on width and length. Less of an overlap on the sides and longer towards the back.

Attachments

• 050127032352.JPG
    050127032352.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 101
  • bikini-traditional-52542-01.jpg
    bikini-traditional-52542-01.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 146

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I would think roll bar choice has alot to do with rear fitment. Your bar looks a tad low??

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Rick - thanks for the offer of generosity. I am happy with the top as long as I can get it to fit right. I'll spend some more time with it this weekend and report back to you with my thoughts/comments.

After looking at a few others you can see how different the design is based on width and length. Less of an overlap on the sides and longer towards the back.

Thoughts and comments are definately welcome. This was my first shot at one of the short trail tops without a way to test the fit ahead of time so it isn't a big deal for me to whip out another one if I need to. Seeing it on yours I think the biggest change I need to make will be to make it taper back more as mentioned which will put it up higher on the roll bar for more of a streamlined look. That will also make it pull on the straps at more of an angle to pull the rear tighter in the center to help keep it from sagging.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I would think roll bar choice has alot to do with rear fitment. Your bar looks a tad low??

This could very well be the case. I also need to fit mine with the door frames on it to see if that changes the shape or layout of the top. My thoughts are if its too wide that it might interfere with the door frames. I wouldnt want it to pinch and potentially tear the top. Looks like I need to do some test fitting... I'll update this thread with pics.

Louie

Bronco Guru
Thoughts and comments are definately welcome.

I think streamlined and tapered would look like a cleaner fit. Like you say...a working model would've helped ;) How about 4 long straps across the back that could tighten and secure the tops to the next forward tube. That's how I did the WH family safari top. I posted a few pics a couple weeks back on this.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
One thing about narrow in the rear, if you get caught in the rain, guess where the top is narrow? Right across your outside shoulders.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I think streamlined and tapered would look like a cleaner fit. Like you say...a working model would've helped ;) How about 4 long straps across the back that could tighten and secure the tops to the next forward tube. That's how I did the WH family safari top. I posted a few pics a couple weeks back on this.

The family style custom trail tops I sell are set up this way but that often isn't an option with the shorter ones since they don't always have a front bar to tie to. I thought of this originally either on this one or the other one I did at the same time and they didn't have the bar. (I did 2 that were identical and don't recall offhand if I discussed this with this one or the other one)

One thing about narrow in the rear, if you get caught in the rain, guess where the top is narrow? Right across your outside shoulders.
This is part of the reason I made it a little wider. I don't recall offhand the taper I put on this one but I wanted to be sure it covered the front seats. I think if I go about 4" narrower and then add an extra taper close to the back so the straps are mounted a few inches further in than that then it will pull the back edge tight so it doesn't sag in the middle.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I dont have a front bar to tie into Rick so it must've been the other guy. The more I look at it the more I think I may have problems with the door frames. I'll put those on this weekend and see how the fitment is. I'll take some pics and share.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That top wouldn't work if you had window frames......
Post a pic of your rollbar without the top.
rollbar padding could help.

BCH BRCO

You'll never get your doors to open and close if you put the frames on the door. No disrespect intended, but quite frankly that is the poorest fitting bikini Bronco top I have ever seen.

Beach Bronco

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
You'll never get your doors to open and close if you put the frames on the door. No disrespect intended, but quite frankly that is the poorest fitting bikini Bronco top I have ever seen.

Beach Bronco

Which shows that frankly you really don't know much about how the door frames actually fit. (No disrespect intended)%)

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Rollbar I currently run is = or slightly higher than my windshield frame.

Attachments

• p1010064.JPG
    p1010064.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 31
  • rollbar.jpeg
    rollbar.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 30