• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of my new White Bikini Top from BroncoCovers.com!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Tom, here are a couple of pics on the colors. The first one is another shot of Trevors above and the second one shows the 3 options on the white colors I have. The 2 on the left are vinyl and the one on the right is fabric with a pvc backing. Trevors has the marine vinyl on the top left in this pic.

Attachments

• CrabTop09.jpg
    CrabTop09.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 39
  • WhiteFabricCompared.jpg
    WhiteFabricCompared.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 34

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Planning on doing black??

Once I have the pattern worked out I can do them in any of the colors I currently sell the trail covers in on a normal order (WHich does include black). On a custom order I can do them in about 50 more colors depending upon what someone wants.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Once I have the pattern worked out I can do them in any of the colors I currently sell the trail covers in on a normal order (WHich does include black). On a custom order I can do them in about 50 more colors depending upon what someone wants.

Can they be made so the front hooks into the same slide in bracket that most full soft tops seem to use (for ease of changability). both my soft tops seem to have this, but I bought neither new (both came with my EB's and seem quite old), so I don't know that all brands use it.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Tom, here are a couple of pics on the colors. The first one is another shot of Trevors above and the second one shows the 3 options on the white colors I have. The 2 on the left are vinyl and the one on the right is fabric with a pvc backing. Trevors has the marine vinyl on the top left in this pic.

Rick - thanks for all your help - its a testament to your dedication and willingness to go above and beyond. I definetly want to stay with the vinyl materail - your original suggestions were spot on - I think the other material will get dirty too easily and be too difficult to clean. The Bright White Vinyl is the color I would prefer. Would the straps of the new top attach at the back of the top as previously suggested? I've seen some bikini tops with longer extentions that looked somewhat like this drawing... have you considered something like this? Im by no means an engineer but was just curious...

Attachments

• topdesign.JPG
    topdesign.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 11

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Can they be made so the front hooks into the same slide in bracket that most full soft tops seem to use (for ease of changability). both my soft tops seem to have this, but I bought neither new (both came with my EB's and seem quite old), so I don't know that all brands use it.

Yes. The risers for the soft tops are the same risers needed for the trail tops. Normally there is the Bestop riser which is 2 pieces that are side by side and are about 3 1/8" high and then the STC riser that is about 2" high and is also 2 pieces however with it they are full length and one piece attaches to the windshield while the other attaches to the top and then they slip together. For those that need risers I can supply the Bestop risers once I get another shipment of them in. I have some on a regular order but no ETA on arrival and the supply of them seems limited so it could be this week or another couple of months before they arrive. (I ordered these ones about 6 weeks ago)

Rick - thanks for all your help - its a testament to your dedication and willingness to go above and beyond. I definetly want to stay with the vinyl materail - your original suggestions were spot on - I think the other material will get dirty too easily and be too difficult to clean. The Bright White Vinyl is the color I would prefer. Would the straps of the new top attach at the back of the top as previously suggested? I've seen some bikini tops with longer extentions that looked somewhat like this drawing... have you considered something like this? Im by no means an engineer but was just curious...
I'm going to go back and look at how the top fits on both of the roll bars. (I have pics of the other one as well) Then I'll make changes to it to get it so it will tighten up across the rear in the center but I'm not certain yet what those changes will be. It very well may end up being more of the shape you show in the pic above. From what I can tell so far I will be taking around 4 or 6 inches off the length in the center at the rear and then making them about 8" narrower at the point where they go over the rol bar. Then I'll add in an extra taper in the rear much like the pic shows so it pulls more towards the center as it is tightened up. That's a preliminary assesment though and subject to change but I think that will fix it so it will work. On yours I will need a measurement across the flat top portion of your roll bar (before it turns down) along with the distance between the roll bar and the windshield frame. Then I'll decide whether to make extra changes on yours or not to compensate for the roll bar height. If so then it will just be to add in some extra taper along the sides so it will look flatter along the side once it's installed.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
On yours I will need a measurement across the flat top portion of your roll bar (before it turns down) along with the distance between the roll bar and the windshield frame.

Roger that - I'll get those measurements for you tonight.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Roger that - I'll get those measurements for you tonight.

Be sure to send them via email so I can keep track of them. I'll probably pick up the fabric tomorrow for it but it may be a few days before I can get to it to work on it.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'll email you and post here as well.

Width of the roll bar before the turn down: 38"
Distance between the windshield and the beginning of the roll bar: 32"

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Just sent the email - let me know if you did not receive.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Rick - just sent you a PM to follow up with my email last week. Any updates on the new design?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
So, how do you like it overall, working good?

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Its not working - yet - the current design left too much slack so I haven't installed it. Plus its been warm enough here where I haven't yet needed it but with September only a few days away I'm pretty sure my days of complete toplessness are limited.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Hey Rick - any progress yet? Its getting into the 50's tonight! :cry:

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Rick - looks like your PM inbox is full - sent an email to your regular email last week. Just checking in - any updates? October is right around the corner - I'll be putting the hardtop back on soon...

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Rick - Your PM inbox is still full and I haven't heard from you in a month.
Summers over and my hard top is going back on this week. I'd like to request a refund of my purchase. Please let me know what I need to do to get you back the materials that you've sent me.

Thanks,

Tom.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Has anyone heard from Rick lately? It looks like he hasn't been online since 9/06/07. I've been emailing him with no response - hope everything's okay...

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
The edges don't look right. It looks like the back of the top needs to go up so that the top is perpendicular to the Bronco's body lines. Right now it looks like the top is going down hill.

Sorry bud, I know you probably wanted a better comment, but that's just what I see.

I have to agree.