• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pikes Peak Today

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Tried to drive up Pikes Peak today but the top was closed due to winds and snow drifts. We got to about mile 13 - the upper 5 miles were barricaded off. I went with the Colorado Bronco Club (FB Group) a subchapter of Colorado Classic Broncos. We had a total of 8 Broncos - 4 early Broncos and 4 Gen6's. I drove my Badsquatch mainly because the steering is acting funny on '76. And it was cold when I left home this morning. And my Gen6 has doors and windows. And heated seats. And a radio. But mainly because the '76's steering is acting funny! LOL

The Ranger at the turn-around point let us go past the cones to get a group photo. He took a bunch of pics too!

Overall lots of fun even if we did not make it to the top.

Here's a few pics of the day.

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 7

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sounds like a fun day!

We got a chance decades ago, like DECADES ago to go up in our '68 Bronco towing our little tent trailer. We put "Pikes Peak or Bust" sign in the back window of the Bronco and 4 weeks later... :)

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
But mainly because the '76's steering is acting funny! LOL
Letting a little steering problem stop you from Pikes Peak? :ROFLMAO: Never have gotten up Pikes Peak despite spending a lot of vacations as kids out there. Have been up Mt Evan’s though…quite a view up there!!!