• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

markperry

Bronco Guru
This Bronco gave the me the idea to go route I'm going. Looks to be about 5" of lift with 35's (maybe 33's). I really can't tell. Mine will be a full hardtop though. I wish I knew who owned that blue beast. All I know is that it's in CA. If any of you have an opinion as to the setup of this Bronco, please chime in. Keep in mind, I've already got 17x9 (4.5" bs) wheels. Thanks.

I was just reading a thread that one of our new members had posted! He has the same setup that you are trying too do on yours! Here ya go

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177024

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
What engine shop did you use in San Antonio, and how did you like them?

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
What engine shop did you use in San Antonio, and how did you like them?

City Motor Supply
Great bunch of guys. Attention to detail. I had the performance 302 shortblock package done, but took my camshaft to them to put in instead of the one that comes with the package.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Take a look at the BFG KM2 for tires. Haven't heard one negative comment about these wheels - great for all types of terrain and quiet on the street. I've got them on my rig but haven't driven it yet!!

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
I've got the 1405, but I'm fixing to send it back and get the 1406. Both are 600's, but the 1406 is electric choke.

Cool. I have a 650 Edelbrock AVS Offroad Thunder carb Im going to be using on my 351W. I was thinking about running those E street heads. I'll be really interested in how you like them once its up and running. Are using the Performer or Performer RPM manifold?

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Cool. I have a 650 Edelbrock AVS Offroad Thunder carb Im going to be using on my 351W. I was thinking about running those E street heads. I'll be really interested in how you like them once its up and running. Are using the Performer or Performer RPM manifold?

Performer EDL-2121 manifold

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Mtanous Collision Center in Del Rio, Tx finishing up the body work. Guide coat applied and looking for any imperfections in the body. Feels like glass now.

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Take a look at the BFG KM2 for tires. Haven't heard one negative comment about these wheels - great for all types of terrain and quiet on the street. I've got them on my rig but haven't driven it yet!!

I checked on those tires, but they do not carry the 295/70R17. Thanks for the recommendation though. Good looking tires.

UPDATE: Since returning to 15" wheels I will be running the KM2's 33x10.50.

Last edited:
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Doing some odds and ends while the body is STILL at the paint shop. I put an electric choke kit on my carb, and cut down some enclosed rear center caps so that they taper to meet my hubs. I was really pleased with the look I got out of those. Cut off my stock C4 shifter arm. Began running my Lokar cable setup for the kickdown, column shifter, and throttle. Replaced my air cleaner with a triangular one. I'm pretty much stuck now until the body gets back.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Lokar Setup.JPG
    Lokar Setup.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Very Cool!! I'm here in Del Rio too. Cant wait to see it out on the street. Just getting ready to start resto on a 1970 half cab.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Uh Oh! Help! I think I may have screwed myself here. After hacking off my C4 shifter from the transmission and installing the Lokar kickdown kit and shifter kit (see pics a couple of posts above), I've suddenly realized that I can't put on a neutral safety switch. Hell of a time to figure that out. There's no more room on the transmission shifter shaft. Dangit! How will I have back up lights? Please someone tell me there's a fix for this. Thanks.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Dakota digital makes a universal switch for their system. Go take a look, might give you an idea to solve your dilemma. (Theres is also stand alone as well, you would have a little window with digital numbers for your gear indicator as well.)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
all that in 30 day ??? :eek:

slow down ... have a beer !!! lol

gg... great work !!! ;)

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
all that in 30 day ??? :eek:

slow down ... have a beer !!! lol

gg... great work !!! ;)

Definitely not 30 days. Try about 8 years and many cases of beer. Just took me this long to get pictures to the web. But all is going smooth now. Hopefully steady web updates to follow. Can't wait to get it driveable. Thanks.

Last edited: