• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Gentlemen. I need your brutally honest opinions. I'm having second thoughts on the wheels I've bought. Please go to page 3 and look at the Centerline Flint (17x9) wheels. Please post your comments on how you think they will look with the Toyo 295/70R17 tires. And please post any suggestions you might have. I'm having trouble visualizing what this will look like, and am thinking that it's going to look too "blingy".

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Gentlemen. I need your brutally honest opinions. I'm having second thoughts on the wheels I've bought. Please go to page 3 and look at the Centerline Flint (17x9) wheels. Please post your comments on how you think they will look with the Toyo 295/70R17 tires. And please post any suggestions you might have. I'm having trouble visualizing what this will look like, and am thinking that it's going to look too "blingy".

Whats wrong with Centerline BLING BLING???????

17x9 centerline grizzly ems 33's bTW

Attachments

• bco112.jpg
    bco112.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 317
  • bco103.jpg
    bco103.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 284
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Thanks Nyles. Are your wheels 4.5" backspacing? And your tires 10.50's or 12.50's?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I do believe they 4.5 12.50's

lil angle shot

Attachments

• bco105.jpg
    bco105.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
I've searched the threads and I can't find a photo of an uncut with a 5.5" lift running 33x10.50's. I'm strongly considering that route, but do you guys think that would look good? Would the tire be big enough?

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Gentlemen,

After much deliberation, there will be a major change coming in building Pistola. I will be taking her back to 3.5" of lift and running 33x10.50's. Just makes more sense for me to do it that way from the standpoint of family and functionality. My 17x9 (4.5 backspace) Centerline Flint wheels will be for sale shortly. Never had a tire on any of them before. Brand new. If you're interested, let me know via pm. Thanks.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Wheels are for sale. I also have a set of high quality fender flares I'm selling. New sale threads for both.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Right on Keith, gotta think about every scenario right! Do what's best for you! ;)

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
My paint guy has been hurt for a while, but finally had a chance to shoot it today. Here it is before wet sanding and buffing. The full body picture has a bit of glare and is fuzzy. The other one is the true color.

Attachments

• Full Body.jpg
    Full Body.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Rear Quarter.jpg
    Rear Quarter.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

NYLES

Bronco Guru
My paint guy has been hurt for a while, but finally had a chance to shoot it today. Here it is before wet sanding and buffing. The full body picture has a bit of glare and is fuzzy. The other one is the true color. Please tell me what you think. Would this color look better on a 5" inch luber with 17's running 305/70's, or a 3.5" luber on 15's running 33x10.50's? Can't decide... need to poll the audience. Thanks.

eaither or, just dont stuff the wheel wells

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
What's wrong with 285 70 17

My paint guy has been hurt for a while, but finally had a chance to shoot it today. Here it is before wet sanding and buffing. The full body picture has a bit of glare and is fuzzy. The other one is the true color. Please tell me what you think. Would this color look better on a 5" inch luber with 17's running 305/70's, or a 3.5" luber on 15's running 33x10.50's? Can't decide... need to poll the audience. Thanks.

Keep your bling with 3.5" and a 1" BL

Check out Zillacons Red one Ketchup...........

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178183&highlight=uncut&page=3

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Awesome color. Look at 15" or 16" wheels and add some accent color to them. Zillacons "Ketchup" is an awesome looking EB. It is my inspirationto puruse an uncut luber vs. my origional plan to cut it. Very nice looking ride you will have!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Awesome color. Look at 15" or 16" wheels and add some accent color to them. Zillacons "Ketchup" is an awesome looking EB. It is my inspirationto puruse an uncut luber vs. my origional plan to cut it. Very nice looking ride you will have!

Me too! Ketchup is an awesome Bronco. And Zillacon seems to be a very nice guy to boot. I got my 3.5" lift parts in last night and I'll be starting the lowering process today. I'm also going to move the rear end back an inch to eliminate rubbing. Any suggestions on the accent color on the wheels? I'm thinking a satin black or real dark grey with the chrome trim ring (with grey pinstriping) and center caps. I've got the same center caps ordered but in black instead of red like Ketchup's. Nice to have an example to go by.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
dark grey with the chrome trim ring (with grey pinstriping) and center caps. I've got the same center caps ordered but in black instead of red like Ketchup's. Nice to have an example to go by.

Now you have my vote. I am going a little old school with ,mine, gonna do ribbed beauty rings with my accent stripe and 48 style ford center caps with the letters painted in the accent. The wheel color hasn't been decided and is subject to change...LOL

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Now you have my vote. I am going a little old school with ,mine, gonna do ribbed beauty rings with my accent stripe and 48 style ford center caps with the letters painted in the accent. The wheel color hasn't been decided and is subject to change...LOL

Cool idea. Should look great.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Got my 5.5" springs and coils off today and put on my 3.5" stuff. Doesn't look like a monster truck anymore. Really glad I made this move. By the way, the guys at Wild Horses deserve kudos for their customer service. I have had the 5.5" springs and coils on the frame for several months. They are allowing me to send them back for a complete refund. Just thought I'd mention that. Will be buying more stuff from them.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Nice build AK, did u sell the wheels? How about the flares and 5.5 lift? Pm me if u want to discuss further. Btw, I think 15's on 33's or 34" swampers (although the swappers are noisy, I thinks)

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Nice build AK, did u sell the wheels? How about the flares and 5.5 lift? Pm me if u want to discuss further. Btw, I think 15's on 33's or 34" swampers (although the swappers are noisy, I thinks)

Thanks MyOriginal66. I'm just worried that the stock wheels (15x6) are going to be too narrow to mount a 33x10.50. Will give it a shot I guess. I'm still looking for a mid 90's Ford 10 hole (15x7.5) to go with as an alternative.