• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Selling The Bronco

Guys, I would like your opinion as to what dollar amount do you think I could get out of the Bronco. You guys have seen my build throughout the years and know what I have put into the Bronco. I have fallen on hard times and would like to sell if the price is right, but don't want to over/under price this truck, and I want it to go somewhere it will be taken care of.

Thanks.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Noooooo. You can't sell your great grandpa's rig. Sorry you have fallen on hard times, but there has to be another way. Seeing what people are asking for Broncos these days, I think $20K would be reasonable. Maybe even more! I have followed this build from the start and hate to see you part with it. Good luck with the sale and I hope things get better for you and the family.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Keith, I'm so sorry to hear that. Life brings hard choices sometimes and I'm sure your doing it for the right reasons. Still sad to see it go though. I hope times get better for you and that Pistola goes to a great home. You should be able to get top dollar (at least 25k, I'm sure you have more than that into it).

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Guys, I would like your opinion as to what dollar amount do you think I could get out of the Bronco. You guys have seen my build throughout the years and know what I have put into the Bronco. I have fallen on hard times and would like to sell if the price is right, but don't want to over/under price this truck, and I want it to go somewhere it will be taken care of.

Thanks.

Keith,

Say it ain't so!!!! That stinks man. That has to be a difficult decision because the truck came out GREAT. I think that 25K is reasonable with what you have done with that truck. However, I hope that you come up with a way to keep it because of its history within your family and what you have done to bring it back to life! Good Luck!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Bronco Family,

It was a tough decision, but Pistola has been sold to a great family in Idaho. I debated letting it go even after I had a couple of offers on the table, but truth be told, I am mentally and physically exhausted from this build. It's one of those things that was so fun to build, but now that it's done, there is no more challenge. I want my hard work to be with a family who appreciates it and will take care of it. After speaking to my family, they were surprised, but totally understand and are right along side me. There are some things that I need to move on to do now and the money is going to help me do them. I'm sure that one of these days I'll be right back here starting another thread building another quality Bronco. With the knowledge I have gained from you guys, the next build will be a breeze, not having to do things two and three times before getting a good result. The new owner of Pistola is a super guy and will be taking over his own classicbroncos thread and this one will be retired. I want to say that I appreciate everything from all of you. I feel like I know some of you better than some of my friends that live in TX. I'll still be around here, snooping around, making sure Pistola is dent free and checking out what all of y'all are building. You guys take care and all my best to each of you.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Keith - sounds like a happy ending! You did the right thing. Even though I didn't follow along in real time, I enjoyed reading this thread and have it bookmarked and will come back for ideas and inspiration.

Good luck to you!

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Glad it worked out for you. I'm glad I got to be there when you fired it up for the first time. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it. If you need a Bronco fix, call me up, I'll let you take mine out brother.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Bronco Family,

It was a tough decision, but Pistola has been sold to a great family in Idaho. I debated letting it go even after I had a couple of offers on the table, but truth be told, I am mentally and physically exhausted from this build. It's one of those things that was so fun to build, but now that it's done, there is no more challenge. I want my hard work to be with a family who appreciates it and will take care of it. After speaking to my family, they were surprised, but totally understand and are right along side me. There are some things that I need to move on to do now and the money is going to help me do them. I'm sure that one of these days I'll be right back here starting another thread building another quality Bronco. With the knowledge I have gained from you guys, the next build will be a breeze, not having to do things two and three times before getting a good result. The new owner of Pistola is a super guy and will be taking over his own classicbroncos thread and this one will be retired. I want to say that I appreciate everything from all of you. I feel like I know some of you better than some of my friends that live in TX. I'll still be around here, snooping around, making sure Pistola is dent free and checking out what all of y'all are building. You guys take care and all my best to each of you.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you! Hopefully it fetched top dollar because that is what it was worth in my eyes. You did a great job on it. Funny thing is that it seems like just yesterday when I remember you introducing yourself and the rig to get started on the restoration. Hats off to you and much success with whatever you have planned. Hopefully we will continue to hear from you on hear. ;D

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Thanks all. I'm really feeling good about my decision now that it's been a little while. The new home of Pistola is going to be great. The people that bought her already have big plans such as car shows, parades, a BCB soft top in charcoal grey, and a car cover. They plan on using the family history that comes with Pistola so that the story goes along with the machine. He is even planning on a Pistola license plate which was already taken in TX. I'm very happy that someone is interested in keeping that bit of history together for my family's sake. Also, I've got first dibs on her if she ever goes up for sale!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Well Pistola finally left Texas today, headed for Idaho. Will miss her, but am happy for the new owner who I know will take good care of her. On to my next project.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Well Keith, you should be DAMN proud of what you did with Pistola! Truck came out really nice and I am sure that your GrandPa was PROUD!!!!! Hopefully your next Bronco Project is one that you get to keep FOREVER! ;D

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I've been wanting to take this picture for a long time.

That pic reminded me of some rotorcraft guys i know in Uvalde, TG and Henry..
BTW I got a 70 half cab to fiddle with just in time for you to ditch yours:(
Your project is a tough act to follow, you do things right. Ill just be happy to make this one run!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Well Keith, you should be DAMN proud of what you did with Pistola! Truck came out really nice and I am sure that your GrandPa was PROUD!!!!! Hopefully your next Bronco Project is one that you get to keep FOREVER! ;D

Thanks for the compliment. My grandpa could not believe it was the same truck. He was very proud, not that there was a cool Bronco sitting there, but that I had gone through all that to build it. I'm leaning toward a deuce and a half project next, but maybe there's a Bronco in my future. I'm still going to watch you guys build some kick ass stuff.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
That pic reminded me of some rotorcraft guys i know in Uvalde, TG and Henry..
BTW I got a 70 half cab to fiddle with just in time for you to ditch yours:(
Your project is a tough act to follow, you do things right. Ill just be happy to make this one run!

Yeah I worked with Hank before he retired and TG is one of my counterparts located in Uvalde. Both great guys and friends of mine as well. Good luck with your build. I'm sure with the help of all the guys here, you'll have no problem. Email me if you want some help sometime.