• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Here's my oil pan fresh from the powdercoating shop. Hope to get my piston back tomorrow. Looks like rain here for a couple of days. Going to grind on this engine until I'm done.

Attachments

• IMG00159.jpg
    IMG00159.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 92

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Excellent Keith!! Good to see the problem has been found and your back at it. That O.P. looks good too, I plan on doing the same thing.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Man, glad you got it figured out! Hopefully it won't be long before you get to drive it. ;D

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Did you braze the oil pan or ??

I MIG welded it on taking it slow. Almost burned through in a couple of spots. I don't have any brazing tools so I had to wire weld it. Seems to have worked OK. Not the smoothest finish, but the black powdercoating sure made it look better than the silver Rustoleum I had on there before.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
OK. I have verified that UPS needs improvement in south Texas. Finally got the piston and verified length of connecting rod. Taped up engine bay and painted my water pump, which I should have done to begin with. Put the 7 and 8 pistons in, put my heads on, and then topped it off with the intake. Heavy lifting out of the way. Now I just have to button up the rest and we'll be good to go hopefully.

Attachments

• Water Pump Paint.JPG
    Water Pump Paint.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 100
  • No pistons.JPG
    No pistons.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1 piston out.JPG
    1 piston out.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Heads On.JPG
    Heads On.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Intake On.JPG
    Intake On.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 112

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
OK. I have verified that UPS needs improvement in south Texas. Finally got the piston and verified length of connecting rod. Taped up engine bay and painted my water pump, which I should have done to begin with. Put the 7 and 8 pistons in, put my heads on, and then topped it off with the intake. Heavy lifting out of the way. Now I just have to button up the rest and we'll be good to go hopefully.

Well heck akb, what are ya' waiting on???? You should have it running by 4:30 and driving by 5????? Glad it's all working out!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Tomorrow I need to add engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, and the plug wires. Then I hope she'll fire up.

Attachments

• Front Left.JPG
    Front Left.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Front Right.JPG
    Front Right.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Fan On.JPG
    Fan On.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Coil On.JPG
    Coil On.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Carb On.JPG
    Carb On.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 94

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Looks GREAT Keith - I like the way you routed your coolant lines. Where did you put your heater control valve? How do you "pull for heat"?

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
No pull for heat for me. I live in the hottest spot on earth it seems like. I have a cutoff on my intake manifold. I'll only need to open it Dec - Feb. Otherwise I can cut it off completely. I have found that the heater control valve lets hot water through even when in the closed position. This is the only way I have found that I can keep the heat totally out. With no A/C I need all the help I can get.