• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pistola... West Texas Bronco Buildup

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Keith, went with the Highlander hood on mine as well. Looks great man. Got mine from wildhorses with the additional support ribbing on the underside. Was curious what you think of the hood shocks and how firmly they attach to the bottom of the hood? Was considering that setup as well! Lookin good and glad the inspection went well. ;D

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Highlander Hood

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it. I feel that the screws that are holding on the brackets are not as secure as I'd like them to be. I'm thinking about adding some sort of glue or something so the threads will lock into the fiberglass. I'm also going to cut the vents up near the windshield and replace them with vents from gen-right. It's getting hot in the cabin with no airflow. Other than that, it's a great hood. I had my paint guy paint both sides to get that finished look when I've got the hood open during a show or something I might go to. I'd like to get your opinion on yours as well.

Attachments

• CameraAwesomePhoto(8).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(8).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 75
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(9).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(9).jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 105

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it. I feel that the screws that are holding on the brackets are not as secure as I'd like them to be. I'm thinking about adding some sort of glue or something so the threads will lock into the fiberglass. I'm also going to cut the vents up near the windshield and replace them with vents from gen-right. It's getting hot in the cabin with no airflow. Other than that, it's a great hood. I had my paint guy paint both sides to get that finished look when I've got the hood open during a show or something I might go to. I'd like to get your opinion on yours as well.

Looks nice painted up for sure. I made the mistake of having Line X sprayed on the bottom of my hood. I don't know if that is what caused it but it didn't line up properly and I had to shim it on the passenger side. Once I shimmed it, the bracing on the bottom was coming in contact with the radiator support. As a result, it shuts a bit goofy. Aside from that I like the hood alot. Gotta play with the body one day to see if I can remove the shims and get it to line up. Its good enough for now though. Also, you may wanna check into getting hood pins with the fiferglass hood. Or at least call WH and ask what they think! Looking real nice though!

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Hood pins was a question that I asked Chuck when I was at BC Broncos a few months ago. His shop employees told me that they prefer to reinstall stock hood hardware rather than hood pins on fiberglass hoods. As for me, the stock hood spring and the safety catch are rock solid due to the steel reinforcement I put on the hood.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Got the hood back on today, and with the exception of some luxury items I'll be adding in the future, the Bronco is officially finished. I never thought I would see the day.

Attachments

• Finished Hood.jpg
    Finished Hood.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 466

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I give it til Monday before you're buying more "stuff" ;D

Lookin awesome Keith!

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I give it til Monday before you're buying more "stuff" ;D

Lookin awesome Keith!

Does he have your headlights yet Tom? Maybe you'll be the one he's calling on Monday, definitely worth it.

Great job Keith. Your build has been an inspiration to me as I've drooled over these pages. You also saved me the trouble of ordering a 5.5 lift and then having to replace it with a 3.5;) I'm sure when you were banging your head about your engine knocking you probably couldn't see this day coming, but you persevered and can proudly say that you BUILT that sweet ass Bronco we all wish was our own. Congrats, I hope my bronco will meet you at the "finished" line one day soon.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Car Accident

Well it's been a while since my last post. I wanted to show you guys why. My 2005 Tundra, which I love, is now dead, but luckily she went out saving my life. This accident is another testament as to why people shouldn't drink and drive. Don't get me wrong, I'll throw one back in a heartbeat, but I won't get on the road after I know I could be impaired. A guy who was driving drunk turned across the highway as I was coming back home and I ended up T-boning his pickup. He never saw me coming. The accident happened at approximately 65 mph. Of course he wasn't hurt, as he was drunk, and I was beat up a little with some torn up ribs and a busted hand. I will certainly buy another Tundra. But I must say that above all else, I had God riding shotgun that day for sure.

Attachments

• CameraAwesomePhoto(12).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(12).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 128
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(11).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(11).jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 116
  • CameraAwesomePhoto(10).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(10).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 119

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Glad you're okay man. Looks like you did your best to avoid the brunt of the impact.

Lots to be thankful for this holiday.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Wow! Happy to hear your ok. Drinking and driving is NEVER worth it once you consider all the people you put at risk.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
RIP to my beloved 2005 Tundra. I signed the papers on my 2013 Tundra today. Hope this one lasts a long time without getting crushed.

Attachments

• 2013 Tundra.jpg
    2013 Tundra.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
My Favorite 2 Vehicles

I've been wanting to take this picture for a long time.

Attachments

• CameraAwesomePhoto(13).jpg
    CameraAwesomePhoto(13).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 470