• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please tell me I'm not nuts

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No argument at all Devin. I know you are exactly right. I'm going to be probably paying twice as much for half the power, .

We have an agreement here on CB that we never tell anyone like Devin that they are 'exactly right'.;D

And that 'twice the money for half the power' thing? I'm pretty sure that our flathead V-8 EB engine is now up to at least 4 times the money for same power...so the maffs work there too.:p

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
My original plans were for a 250ci, but couldn't find one locally so I built the 200ci. But I'm looking for a 66-69 Mustang for my youngest son and plan a 250 build for it. I've got a year to get-er-done, so hopefully I'll find one. Only bad part is it costs twice as much to hop up a six vs a V8.

Explorer, I know where several of them are near where I live. (North Central PA.) I found one with only 45K miles on it and that is the one going in my EB.If you strike out in finding one and are willing to come to PA, let me know. The 250 doesn't get it's just due in my opinion. It's light weight and has almost as long a stroke as it's big brother the 300 six. The bottom end of it is almost as indestructible as the 300 as well. It's only limitation is the stock head and integrated intake manifold. That can be overcome without too much trouble if you have money that you are willing to spend on it.

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
We have an agreement here on CB that we never tell anyone like Devin that they are 'exactly right'.;D

And that 'twice the money for half the power' thing? I'm pretty sure that our flathead V-8 EB engine is now up to at least 4 times the money for same power...so the maffs work there too.:p

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that agreement. I'll be more careful in the future.

Ah yes, the legendary flathead V8. That's yet another cool motor that I would be willing to dump cash into just because. Maybe I am nuts!!!:eek:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ah yes, the legendary flathead V8. That's yet another cool motor that I would be willing to dump cash into just because. Maybe I am nuts!!!:eek:

Nope..yr not. Because if you were, that would mean I am to..and I'm perectly sane. Just ask any..er..ask...uh..well just take my word for it.:p

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Explorer, I know where several of them are near where I live. (North Central PA.) I found one with only 45K miles on it and that is the one going in my EB.If you strike out in finding one and are willing to come to PA, let me know. The 250 doesn't get it's just due in my opinion. It's light weight and has almost as long a stroke as it's big brother the 300 six. The bottom end of it is almost as indestructible as the 300 as well. It's only limitation is the stock head and integrated intake manifold. That can be overcome without too much trouble if you have money that you are willing to spend on it.

I'll keep that in mind. Got find out whats involved swapping into an early Mustang. The 69 came with it as an option. As far as in a Bronco, I believe you need to modify the oil pan unless you're lifting it. Another member has one now I was going to buy but didn't need it at the time. Have to see what's involved. I'll find out Sat. Look at my sig line, painfully aware of the cost of doing it right.

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
I'll keep that in mind. Got find out whats involved swapping into an early Mustang. The 69 came with it as an option. As far as in a Bronco, I believe you need to modify the oil pan unless you're lifting it. Another member has one now I was going to buy but didn't need it at the time. Have to see what's involved. I'll find out Sat. Look at my sig line, painfully aware of the cost of doing it right.

Wow, I guess you are well aware of the cost of a performance 6 aren't you. How do you like your motor? Just curious. I bet it's a blast and I can't wait to get mine done the way I want it.

You are right about the 250's oil pan. I am going to try to cut the bottom off and then flip it 180 degrees and weld it back onto the flange. After that I'll have to figure out how to fab a custom pickup tube.

I'm not completely sure about what needs to be done to put a 250 into an early stang, but it seems to me that someone once mentioned that if you use the 250 mounts from a maverick the 250 will sit a little lower to give more hood clearance. The 250 that I have came out of a 71 mustang, and it has mounts on it that are very different from the ones in my Bronco. I don't know if they would be the ones you need or not, but if they are you can have them for the cost of shipping. Best of luck with your build.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Not a bad truck at all, just need to lose some of the "bling". Like the wheels, and plastic on the bed behind the cab. And tell the guy you got it from that highboys ended in 77, and were not 1/2 tons (not that ford ever called them highboys, its just a name that stuck). Lots of potential in the truck, though. The 400 can make it kick some ass!

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
Y'all do realize the EB in question is Dixie Lee, right?

Hey Stranger. It's good to hear from you. Haven't seen you around here much lately. How's the family doing? I bet they're keepin you pretty busy.

I was hoping you would show up and come to my defense and tell the darksiders why Dixie needs to stay with a straight six instead of getting a 400.;)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Please keep Dixie an I6. She told me she wants to. You need to post some pix of all her new upgrades. I'm so glad she has a good home, even if you're gonna keep her BLUE (yuck). :p;D