• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please tell me this is a shill bid Bronco!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Guys, I think we’re over analyzing this. There must be something we’re missing. I’ve just got to find out.

Wish me luck, but don’t worry, $14,600 tops - $16,300 if I have to snipe it at the last second – absolutely nothing ove$17,000 – I swear.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
The worst thing about this is the poor sucker who buys this will most likely be turned off from Broncos forever. :(

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
no the worse thing is the seller will think he did a great job and ruin 5 more.

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
OK... Educate me... What is a "shill bid"?
From Ebay :
Definition: Shill bidding is the act of bidding on your own auction against other bidders in order to raise the price at which your item will eventually sell. It is a violation of both eBay rules and federal law.

Note that on eBay and in most real-life auctions, a bid on an item from anyone related to the seller in almost any way, from friends and family to business associates and roommates, is considered to be a shill bid, will not be honored, and will almost certainly disqualify the seller—even if the bidder would have purchased the item.

What this means is that you can not buy from your family and friends on eBay, no matter what, no exceptions. That is the nature of auction selling.

eBay uses very sophisticated tools to catch shill bidders, so sophisticated that many first-time shills are surprised. Shill bidding renders you subject to suspension or other punishments, so be smart and don't bid on your own, or on your mother's or sister's or aunt's auctions, no matter how much you'd like to.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Check out the CJ5 he has listed now. Looks like it was a rust bucket as well. He didn't even clean the crud off of it before he started painting. Maybe he will stick to Jeeps from now on.

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Status
Not open for further replies.