• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please tell me this is a shill bid Bronco!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Yes it's a shill bid. Click on "3 bids" and it will open the list of bidders. Notice the high bids has a zero rating history.
Someone created a separate account to bid in this bronco.

This is the same Bronco as we talked about in this thread. the guy claimed it was a 74 for awhile, till people started asking questions. Then he claimed to have gotten titles confused with another bronco. Just another schemer..

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163343

SwedenBronco

Loc.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Can't you see the quality restoration job that has been performed, I couldn't either..
Nice masking around the speedo and the buttons too.... Worst part of it all is that he is bragging about five more Broncos in stock, so I guess there is five more bondo specials coming...
This was around last week as well, re-listed again, hopefully nobody is stupid enough to bid on it.

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Yes it's a shill bid. Click on "3 bids" and it will open the list of bidders. Notice the high bids has a zero rating history.
Someone created a separate account to bid in this bronco.

This is the same Bronco as we talked about in this thread. the guy claimed it was a 74 for awhile, till people started asking questions. Then he claimed to have gotten titles confused with another bronco. Just another schemer..

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163343

I didn't notice the other thread. What a POS!

mavereq

Bronco Guru
maybe we should all make new ebay accounts and start a bidding war. i bet the guy would shat his drawers thinking he hit the payday.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Yep, the tires are dry rotted, meaning they probably bought this out of a fence row or behind a barn and gave it a quickie paint job.
In the pics, the valve cover breather cap is missing. In another you can see what looks like plumber's tape wrapped around the bottom of the oil pan? And another shows the left fender has no bolts attaching it to the inner 1/4 fender lip. Of course no winshield wipers are needed in Florida.
No door retainer straps, no door seals, and fender rust showing in the pic of the front coil spring.
The dash pad screws are still showing where they tore the old pad out: didn't unscrew it, just tore it out.
The windshield has fold down latch bracket, but the hood does not have the matching hardware. Speaking of hardware, no tag bracket, no anti-theft post on the tailgate. Glovebox door is fubar'd.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
How about this: we all start sending him messages asking questions, prefaced with "i'm very intested in your bronco, it looks great" but can you tell me what the rear gear ratio is? Or how many mufflers does it have? or how many wheel weights are on it?

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No body line on the rear quarter panel either and the seats are the wrong color for a 66'

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
wouldn't it have to be 2 shill bidders to get it that high? No one would pay 5k for it! No rust, but yet the quarter seams are bondo. I am refraining from asking him to not touch another Bronco.

Miker

Bronco Guru
I feel sorry for the chap "r***C" who has 191 ratings, he's after it at over $13K now. That is, if he's the real deal.
I just shake my head sometimes, think of how many good guys on this site "could" but don't, rape and pillage unsuspecting folks who might like to get their hands on a piece of Ford history by just slapping a shiny paint job on their rigs and throwing them on EBay.
BUYER BEWARE.
And, as Forrest says, "that's all I got to say about that"

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think most of the guys on this site are honest enough to actually tell a buyer what is what not just lie about it.

probably all a scam either way the guy hasnt sold much besides printer toners and some phones and other junk. No rust issues sure I didnt see that big rust hole and sure you drive it around heck its missing have the bolts that hold it together. Sadly there are still people who buy high dollar items off ebay sight unseen. Thats the chance they take I guess. If your going to pay big $$ for something you know nothing about then I guess you are a sucker.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Man, I don't usually bag on other rigs but this is a hummdinger! Orig '66 w/ '69 and newer turn signals. Paint job is a MAACO special and it looks like my 6 y/o recovered the seats. Big 'ol rust hole on the inner fender in that pic of the spring! Hardware missing all over the place... WOW is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.