• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Police Made MY DAY

BCH BRCO

So today I'm in my Bronco and about to pull out of the parking lot of the Jupiter Dunes golf course parking lot. Before I proceed to pull out and make a left turn onto the street I see a Jupiter police car approaching from my left. All of a sudden over the police PA loud speaker I hear " nice looking Bronco"!! As he drives by the police officer waves and I waved back!
Just another great day in paradise!

BCH BRCO

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I had a group of Deputy Sherriffs drive past my place one day recently and one stopped. As he got out of his truck I was trying to think what I could've done to receive his attention. He starts out by asking what year is the Early Bronco in the driveway, Then the usual.....Is it for sale?....A good 10-15 minutes go by as we are jaw-jacking early broncos when....He asks about the roof rack.....Lets just say....I made a new bronco friend who happens to wear a badge......

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
There are plenty bronco brothers supporting their habit by wearing a badge. Friends come from the most unlikely places!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
That's cool. Better than having a cop tail you for a while and worried that I might get a ticket. Then, block my EB with his patrol car as I park the EB to then ask me..."you selling it?"

gray gables

got pulled over thanksgiving day about 4 years ago after a heavy night of drinking. Now it was about 15 degrees out, nice and sunny. My bronco has no doors or top, there was 4 of us, all dressed in winter gear, I was wearing goggles to protect my eyes. He pulls us over and the first thing he ask me is"Have you been drinking?", me no, that was last night. Then he says "where's the rest of your car?" Long story short he let us go after making sure we were cool.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I got pulled over this summer. Cop stood in the middle of the road taking a pic to rub in his buddy's face.

I snapped a pic of his sirens in my rear view.

3e3ypydy.jpg

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Years ago I got pulled over in the Bronco & luckily it was a buddy of mine that had lost my phone number. He just wanted to make sure I knew he was having a party in a couple weeks. He told me he saw a flash of orange going across the intersection several cars in front of him & he knew who it was. Took him a couple miles to chase me down. I guess that's one advantage of having a Stroppe - everybody knows whos truck it is.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I pulled into the local cruise-in last summer, top off, and idled past a parked sheriff who stuck his head out the window and shouted "Great Lookin Bronco" with a thumbs up. I heard him loud and clear. :)

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
I was pulled over by chp. I told him a cop joke and he let me go. just last night going thru jack in box I got a free drink just for driving a bronco.

Rymadd

I get pulled over all the time in my city the cops really hate on lifted 4x4s. Get crap about no front license plate, tires outside the wheel well, no mirrors(when the doors are off). The latest I loved, guy pulls me over in a parking lot saying i was going to fast because my truck was bouncing all over the place. I had just taken my old shocks out as I'm fabbing some new mounts, so I told him that is why it was bouncing and he said " don't be a f***ing smart ass kid".

I usually just tell them that these old trucks didn't come with all that safety stuff from the factory and they believe it!