• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Popping noise when i try to turn???

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
Alright, i figured somebody on this site probably knows what this noise is.....I've found that recently my Bronco makes a popping noise or something when i try to turn, and then again when i re-dorrect the car. It feels like something is broken, but i can't see anything that's broken or even cracked. If anyody can help please do....thanks

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Maybe the ball joints or knuckles are bad? I would have a friend turn the wheels while you look at the steering components and try to determine where the noise is coming from. Is the box tight? The pitman arm?

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I have had this problem. If it's a new bushing in the track bar, then it's not tight enough. If the bushing are old, then time to replace them.

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
its probobly your front axle universals. they are tucked inside the knuckle, mine went bad and the symptoms sound the same.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If it is one pop when you put a side load on it and another when you straighten up or change sides, it would be something with a sloppy fit, probably track arm bushings.<br><br>If it goes pop pop pop pop pop as you are turning, then it is something in the drive line. U-joint, diff, something like that