• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POR-15 the driveshaft?

OP
OP
DuctTape

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I just painted everything with POR 15. Though it was a pain to prep, I am happy with the results. Everyhting painted in the pics received 2 coats of the POR 15 and 2 coats of either the metal mast (silver color) or the chassis coat. I sprayed it on and it does not appear to be too thick.

I really really like that look. Makes me wish I went that way instead of gloss/semi.

islandigital

Loc.
St. Croix, USVI
I just painted everything with POR 15. Though it was a pain to prep, I am happy with the results. Everyhting painted in the pics received 2 coats of the POR 15 and 2 coats of either the metal mast (silver color) or the chassis coat. I sprayed it on and it does not appear to be too thick.

lol- you did such a nice job on the shafts that you made the u-joint clamps look crappy. ;D

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I'm in the same boat as you noreasteb - I blasted and POR'd everything big, I did 2 coats of POR and 1 coat of chassis black on frame, 2 coats of POR on everything else, now all the little pieces look like crap! I have taken to wire wheeling, prepping and slapping 1 coat of POR on those things (Like the brake proportioning braket, the leaf spring bolt plate, etc!)

Oh, and after my frame was done, it sat out in the car port for quite a while, had the carport collapse on it, and in the process of removing the carport from it, I slid the bucket of my tractor down it, and there is not a mark on it. So, I'm fully sold on this stuff!

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
I'm in the same boat as you noreasteb - I blasted and POR'd everything big, I did 2 coats of POR and 1 coat of chassis black on frame, 2 coats of POR on everything else, now all the little pieces look like crap! I have taken to wire wheeling, prepping and slapping 1 coat of POR on those things (Like the brake proportioning braket, the leaf spring bolt plate, etc!)

Oh, and after my frame was done, it sat out in the car port for quite a while, had the carport collapse on it, and in the process of removing the carport from it, I slid the bucket of my tractor down it, and there is not a mark on it. So, I'm fully sold on this stuff!

Well that is good to know. I have not had the chance to test the durability of this stuff yet.