• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Fuel Tank mass buy for East coast

Joe473

Was talking to a Vendor today about some options on a tank and shipping as usual kills us on the east Coast from most vendors. I'm looking to see if there is any interest in a mass buy on a 18-23 gallon fuel tanks, with option for EFI and body lift.

I'm looking at having a tank made 12" deep instead of 13.5+" deep. Add 2.5" inches of clearance with brackets welded for 1" body lift. If anyone else out there is not a fan of how low the 23 Gallon tanks are this is a great opportunity to get a custom tank at a standard price or better. Waiting to hear from vendor on approx capacity and what individual options they would support on a run of 10. With a mass Buy we would save on tanks and possibly ship together to a central location for pick-up and shipping savings.

PM me with options you would be interested in and if interest and vendor support is there I'll move it to Mass Buy section and collect info.

Starting spreadsheet tonight. If you have not already done so please PM me the following:
Name
Address
email
23 or approx 18 gallon version $330
Amount of Body lift or brackets shipped loose for welding by you. Your choice
Base tank?
In tank sump for Frame mounted pump add $25
EFI ready tank no Pump Add $85
14 Gauge welded Skid Plate Add $70
send me your Shipping preference:
$55 if we can ship 5 or more to a business address
Doug (Migs) has a location in NH for people up north
Ransil has Suggested York PA, for Guys that are part of MEB for an event in Richmond late January
I may have a location in Jersey if we can get 5 tanks locally here.
Those of you not close to any of these pick-up locations plan on about $100 to ship from CA to east coast.

Thank you,
Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joe473

Bump and More info
Post up here AND Send a PM if you have any interest. Pm's are sometimes flaky on taptalk.

Talked more with Aero Provided we get 10 units a base tank would be around $330.
Options:
welded Skid plate add $70
Add $25 for trap around Pick-up for frame mounted EFI
Add $85 for in tank EFI ready. no Pump
Choice of brackets Shipped loose or welded for 1" , 2" or 3" body lift
Full 23 gallon or the reduced size option I'm looking at would be same price. For anyone that agrees with reducing size it looks like 1.5" less would still keep it above 18 gallon capacity.

thanks,
Joe

OP
OP
J

Joe473

Yes aero and based on my conversation this is the same deal they give Norcal guys. Shipping for us is still going to be more but with the options available sounds like a good deal to me.

Once I have the 10 and I see where everyone is located we can determine best group shipping location if that makes sense.

OP
OP
J

Joe473

Looks like there is a good chance this may happen. I'll update the main post tonight and PM everyone. Send me your email addresses and city state with your pm.

Once I have everyone s email I send out a spreadsheet with options/costs i'm working with aero on.

We are a little more spread out than the Norcal guys. If we group ship 5 per local area should be around $55 each.

Once I have everyone's info I'll try and group locations for shipping and see what makes sense.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I like the idea of the reduced size. Pm sent

Looks like there is a good chance this may happen. I'll update the main post tonight and PM everyone. Send me your email addresses and city state with your pm.

Once I have everyone s email I send out a spreadsheet with options/costs i'm working with aero on.

We are a little more spread out than the Norcal guys. If we group ship 5 per local area should be around $55 each.

Once I have everyone's info I'll try and group locations for shipping and see what makes sense.

At $55 a piece I am likely in for the two I talked about.

Art I would be happy to have yours shipped here or go to you for mine.