• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Post here if you had your EB for over 5 years

RT

Bronco Guru
My current one I've had since Sep 97 , the one before that Jan 79 .

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
Had 1 for over 10 and another for over 5. Still have them both but am working on them at this time, not driving them.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Have had Early Broncos for 12 years and in two months I will be a five year member. I had come on CB.com for years before I decided to get into the board game.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I have only had mine for over a year, but my Dad bought it about 17 years ago, and I traded him for it. Does that count? I claimed the one I traded him for over 5 years.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well it's been long enough that I don't remember that far back .. Running Buddie got his before I got mine ..He bought his about 9 years ago and I got my 1st one about 7 years ago then we've added 5 more as parts wagons ..
... I think it took me about 2.5 years to build mine and get it running the 1st time and now it's been down since Sept. 2008 for my 4 BT swap and it should run some time this spring ..
...I think Bronco like to set more than they like to crawl.....

MI-Bronco

since 1982...
that should qualify..
bought it in Durango CO - in case anyone sold a '74 to a Ford dealer there....

getfuzzy

I have had my '69 for 20 years and in 2 months I'll have been here 5 years

a67and77

Loc.
Albuq.
I have been a member since 03, have had my 67 since 1983, got a 74 in 1988, a 77 in 2003 and another parts 77 last year. The only ones I have now are the 67 that was my grandpas and the parts 77.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've had my '69 since 1999. Been a member here since 2002. I've had a few Broncos come and go since, but will always keep the '69....

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I think I got the sport back in 01. No clue when I joined. Maybe 03? I can't remember when I got the 77 maybe 05? And the 69 sometime back in 04?(Sold that one)

RIbronco

Loc.
Costa Mesa, CA
The Bronco has been more or less daily driven since I put it on the road new year’s eve 2001.
That was an eventful night. I picked up one of my lady friends on the way to a party and nearly killed the both of us when I had to make an emergency stop, at about 45mph, while traveling over very uneven pavement. Mind you, this is the first time I had driven the Bronco anywhere other than the neighborhood street in front of my house. It's also the first vehicle I've ever driven with 4 wheel drum brakes, which by the way, were all new and not exactly all doing the same amount of work. I locked at least on wheel up, with a decent amount of yaw, the Bronco darted half a lane over into oncoming traffic. I got it back under control and stopped with a foot or two to spare. Needless to say, she didn't ride home with me.:-[ (Come to think of it.... she never rode in any of my vehicles again, huh go figure) Which is probably for the better, since the Bronco decided to stop running on the way home, due to the dirty fuel system clogging a brand new filter. I called my roomie and towed it back to the house.
Not bad for a first outing.

Edit:
I guess I forgot to mention that I've been on here since 07-Jul-2004, but was on b-fix for a few years before that.

Last edited:

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I'm in! I think its been 10? 11? years at this point. Thats a record I used to only keep trucks for a year or so. Now I've got too much money into it to ever sell it!

edit:crap I just looked it up 8/98....thats like a million years in my book!

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Purchased Sept 2002 - Been building it ever since. Hopefully it will see the road sometime in the near future.