• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POSTPONED! Chuck and BC Broncos’ farewell and Seabiscuit meet and greet!

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
It's a go

Well feitctaj is leaving in a couple of hours to come down there. Please pm me if you want to contact him during the trip. I can put you in touch. Scotty, I want to give him your phone # so he can get ahold of you for directions and such. Is that okay? He expects to arrive in Lake Elsinore around noonish on Sunday. Let's all wish him a safe trip!

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Well feitctaj is leaving in a couple of hours to come down there. Please pm me if you want to contact him during the trip. I can put you in touch. Scotty, I want to give him your phone # so he can get ahold of you for directions and such. Is that okay? He expects to arrive in Lake Elsinore around noonish on Sunday. Let's all wish him a safe trip!

Whoa! Cool. OKay, I will PM you my info. As of right now, I need help loading this thing up on Sunday!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Ohhhhhh South bound again!
Seabiscuit is going over my trailer wireing for good luck , as I type.
This will be my last post for a few days,
PM Broncoholic or seabisuit if you need somthing picked up,( irf it is not to far off of I5). they will both have my mobile number, I would like to not have 20 guys calling so I will keep the hammer down :cool:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I will make sure that D30 is over to Scotty's by noon on Sunday. I'll try to be there at that time myself to help load stuff. But if it looks like I won't be able to be there at that time myself, I'll still find a way to get the D30 there on time for the pickup.

Dusty

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Dusty said:
I will make sure that D30 is over to Scotty's by noon on Sunday. I'll try to be there at that time myself to help load stuff. But if it looks like I won't be able to be there at that time myself, I'll still find a way to get the D30 there on time for the pickup.

Dusty

That's great Dusty, Thanks!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
what is your driving route plan? i still have the tranny if it's needed, but i don't have the time this weekend to go to elsinore. are you going over the ortega highway (hwy 74)? i'm right on the I-5 at the 74.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
73stallion said:
what is your driving route plan? i still have the tranny if it's needed, but i don't have the time this weekend to go to elsinore. are you going over the ortega highway (hwy 74)? i'm right on the I-5 at the 74.

I don't know one road from another down there but he does. As far as I know he'll take I-5 all the way to LA (get there Sat night) then whatever road goes SE to Lake Elsinore. I'll ask him about it and get back to you. It does sound doable if Saturday night works for you I have a soundcheck in an hour and have to rush out the door. We're scheduled to talk tomorrow morning. PM me your phone # and I'll have him call you.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
well don't htis frost your ass,
I left home at 230 and it took me 2 hours to get 120 miles, only to pull off to piss in a rest area and find a blown rear main seal, It took me 6 quarts and 7 hours to get home , this just sucks
MF, guys , my rig resources are tapped out, I am gonna get to seabiscuit and give him back the money he gave me for gas,,,, I now have , along with my new project of removing and remplaceing the main seal , I still gotta fix a bad head gasket my tbird,

If today were a fish , I would throw it back.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
It's a no-go

Well that's it. :'( We gave it our best shot. Now we have a motor that's down. Fortunately He didn't get too far before it went. This could've been very ugly had it happened another 1000 miles away. We need to count our blessings when stuff like this happens. I have to say I'm sure it's for a reason too. For what, well, we'll find out later. I want to thank Scotty here the best way I know how - from the heart. It's sad that things didn't work out but your generosity is what I'll always remember. That sappy phrase is really really true; it's the thought that counts. I, probably more than anyone, am very grateful for the members of this board. The caring and sharing that abounds here is awesome and all should be proud.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Well that's it. :'( We gave it our best shot. Now we have a motor that's down. Fortunately He didn't get too far before it went. This could've been very ugly had it happened another 1000 miles away. We need to count our blessings when stuff like this happens. I have to say I'm sure it's for a reason too. For what, well, we'll find out later. I want to thank Scotty here the best way I know how - from the heart. It's sad that things didn't work out but your generosity is what I'll always remember. That sappy phrase is really really true; it's the thought that counts. I, probably more than anyone, am very grateful for the members of this board. The caring and sharing that abounds here is awesome and all should be proud.

Well that just sucks. I guess it just wasn't meant to be after all. Sorry to hear about the engine issues guys.