• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Powdercoat Dash?

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I powdercoated mine. I am really happy with the results. I imagine it will be a little more durable than standard paint.

Attachments

• DSC_0359.jpg
    DSC_0359.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 131

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Potential issues (nothing a show stopper)
Warping while baking in the oven
Grounding (easy enough to fix)

Those are about all the lame excusses I can give for not doing it.
The argument looks to be in favor of doing it.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I used a BC Broncos blank dash and the switch panels are from danamarineproducts.com. Tried to get the link but the website would not open for some reason. Should be under "billet hardware- Carling switch panels". Pretty nice selection and can be powdercoated or anodized.

Salashhavoc

Not a mechanic
How difficult was the wiring of the new switches? I am contemplating a new dash setup similar to yours and want to convert to toggles switches for everything...

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
My dash has not been wired up yet since I am in the middle of the never-ending build. Shouldn't be too much longer until I get to that point. Hopefully it's not too bad.