• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power window & Door Locks vs Manual

OsteoBronco

Loc.
Boca Raton
My builder is a couple of weeks away from putting the insides back in the doors.

Has anyone done the conversion to power windows and door locks? Is it time neutral to putting back in the old manual mechanisms? Do the kits work well and is there value to do this power conversion?

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Defiantly not time neutral. Bolting old or new stock type stuff back on the Bronco is relatively quick and easy. I have not done power locks so I can't speak for that but power windows are fairly straight forward. You have wiring to deal with and positioning of the switches. It's going to take a few hours. Maybe a day. That's going to depend on how particular the installer is. For me it usually takes at least twice as long as I think it should and that goes for just about anything I touch on a Bronco.;D

Jim