• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Private High Horsepower Car Show

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Those are some very nice pictures of muscle cars of the past. Would be great to see them up close. Do a web search for ( nurburgring in a 1964 ford fairlane ) this car was completed a few years ago by Holman - Moody for someone in Germany. Sounds of 427 on you tube as he runs the track, its great. If you like muscle this is a great video. Not trying to Hijack your post just hoping to add to it. vinson

Hey vinson, you dead right about that 64' Ford!!! it's been posted on the "Off Topic Lounge"!!!!

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193425

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
WOW Ben!!!! How old are you?!? Did you ever see this car race? This car was the "Record Holder" at that track for a while. .

Dennis, you know I'm older than dirt, heck I remember rainbows being in black & white!!!

I believe that car was called a "63&1/2 Fastback", I think the Jaycees gave the track up in the early 70's?? There's no telling when he set a track record with it. I don't remember seeing it in the mid 60's, but not many folks were running new rigs back then!!! Funny the PO clammed up?????:eek::eek:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks for posting fordfan... some of those pics brought back fond memories of my first car I bought when 16, a '62 Fairlane. Although it had the stock 260, I also had a '68 LTD with a 390 that was a great ride back in the day. :)

Last edited:

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
OH Yeh FE big blocks have a great sound! And the torque is killer. My 68 F250 had a 390 in it with 3" true duals and a set of flowmasters it had the most unique sound. But they are very heavy!

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Wish I could have seen these in person. Are those local?

You should have been at your inlaws this past weekend......and you also could have sniffed race gas and kicked tires!! Yes, they are local.......15 miles from here was the show.