• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Bom Chicka Wah Wah!!"

msweb

Bronco Guru
Exhaust - Mikey Likes It! :eek:

Shocks - Thanks, one more thing I just added to my "to do" list...

What's with the shock that's parallel with the drive line? To high up for axle wrap and you don't have rear steer so no hydraulic cylinder. ?:?

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
What's with the shock that's parallel with the drive line? To high up for axle wrap and you don't have rear steer so no hydraulic cylinder. ?:?

Yeah, POs attempt at a traction bar is my best guess. I never bothered to remove them, I figure they can't be hurting anything.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Awesome but where is the rear bumber? That rear end wouldn't last long in Chicago. There are too many idiots out there driving and texting. Today was a beautiful day in Chicago. The weather was sunny and warm. How did 4 cars rear end each other driving 10 mph is a mystery to me? There was no snow, rain, hail or darkness to blame. It was the fault of an idiot who thought he could drive and text at the same time. That is why I have 1/4 plate bumpers on my ride.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Roll pans are pretty but I don't know about safe/protection... They made it illegal to text while driving here in TN but I don't think it's made a difference. Just one more law on the books that won't be enforced... :mad:

Sporto

Tom,
That sounds awesome. The Magnaflow is really a great sounding muffler. Again thanks for the idea and inspiration to build mine that way. It really sounds awesome, and I was also tired of the duals that I had on there previously. I have the stock manifolds on mine and I was able to rework the two exhaust pipes that I had, then I used two 90's and like yours right into the muffler. I have 2" in and 2.5" out.

For the exhaust pipe, I used to two 2.5" 45 degree bends, and then a straight pipe right out the back. If the fumes get to me in the winter, then I will cut it and send it out the side with a 90 bend. However I really like the look of the straight pipe for now and I am running without a top so the exhaust fumes should not be an issue.

Thanks again for helping me figure out what to do with my exhaust.

:D

Rich

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Safari Top

New Safari Top from http://www.americaneb66-77.com/ I used my soft top bows to support the top since my cage doesnt have a rear spreader to support the top. I used 4 footman loops (2 on the rear wheel tubs and 2 on the rear panels). I think it looks great and fits in my storage compartment for a quick change if the weather takes a turn for the worst and I'm without my soft top.

Attachments

• safari.jpg
    safari.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Front Addco Sway Bar

Installed an Addco front sway bar. Does a very good job of holding the ol gal steady in the corners. Pretty straight forward install (got a little tricky around the driver's side header).

Sorry for the blurry pic - too much caffeine!

Here's a couple better shots.

Attachments

• sway bar.jpg
    sway bar.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0239.jpg
    DSCF0239.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0240.jpg
    DSCF0240.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Some recent shots from today.

Attachments

• DSCF0241.jpg
    DSCF0241.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0243.jpg
    DSCF0243.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 80

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I have always thought your rig was gorgeous. Especially that rear bumber you did. Hope you don't mind but I hope to copy that idea.