• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Crawln68 (New pics 12/11/05)

kcmacg

Loc.
Lafayette, Louisiana
!!

So So So SOOOO SWEET!!!, now that im out of college, and have a real job (can afford a hobby) i am going to take some fab courses at the local trade school so i can have a proj like that someday, all inspired by rigs like yours.

great job!!

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
Look very clean!

If you are using the mass produced passenger side cowls, test fit her before you attempt to alter the original shape. The piece I purchased didn't fit my rig at all. I ended up having to look elsewhere.

Congratulations!

You are correct my Mnky friend. The passenger side cowl doesn't fit too well. I think with some trimming and the use of my favorite persuasion tool, I should be able to get it to fit okay. Thanks for posting all of the pictures of yours by the way. Without those, I would have been lost. I've never done any sheet metal or body work before and just started welding a month or so ago, so I am just wing'n it as I go. :p

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Grover said:
Looks great!!! Who are you buying your panels from?

I got all of my panels from JBG. Seem to be good quality. I am happy so far. I got both floor panels from them too, but I haven't put those in yet though, so I'll let you know when I get to that point.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Awesome work man....let this be a word to all of you too "scared" to attempt this stuff....He just said it himself.."I've never done any sheet metal or body work before and just started welding a month or so ago, so I am just wing'n it as I go." Just get out in the garage and try it!!! Way to go man... :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
Lookin good. Man you work fast. It is too damn hot here I can squeeze about 2 hours before I gotta go jump in the pool. %)

Thanks, I took half of the day off yesterday to home and get some of this done. ;D I know what you mean about the heat. It was 95 here yesterday. Same today. But I don't have a pool to go jump into. :'(

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
4x4Alaska said:
Awesome work man....let this be a word to all of you too "scared" to attempt this stuff....He just said it himself.."I've never done any sheet metal or body work before and just started welding a month or so ago, so I am just wing'n it as I go." Just get out in the garage and try it!!! Way to go man... :cool:

Yup, that's for sure! If I can do it, I am sure that ANYONE can do it! And I'm having blast doing it too. :p

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Ok....here is the passenger side cowl all welded up. This piece took a little more trimming and bending than the others, but all in all it fit pretty nice. Not too bad for an amateur like me. :cool: Now it's on to the floor pans. ;D

Attachments

• 100_0452.JPG
    100_0452.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_0453.JPG
    100_0453.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_0457.JPG
    100_0457.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

ehumaui

Wow that looks great. Jbg did not have those cowl parts a year ago, when I had my rusty 66....one reason I got rid of it. Keep up the good work. I too, am learning how to weld.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
crawln68 said:
..... I've never done any sheet metal or body work before and just started welding a month or so ago, so I am just wing'n it as I go. :p

You don't look like you are winging it. Your work looks great.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
crawln68 said:
Yup, that's for sure! If I can do it, I am sure that ANYONE can do it! And I'm having blast doing it too. :p
Well, you've obviously never seen one of MY welds! ;D

This is terrific! Man, you can really be proud of what you're doin' to that old bucket of rust! Thanks for sharin' the story.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Well, I set the body on the frame so I could cut the fenders :-X and cut the rockers off. I also cut the inner fenders and stretched them back about 7 inches to allow for the rear tires to stuff up inside. (Don't mind all of the surface rust, I haven't sand blasted it yet) :cool:

Attachments

• 100_0489.JPG
    100_0489.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0491.JPG
    100_0491.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_0492.JPG
    100_0492.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_0500.JPG
    100_0500.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 259
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:
Well, you've obviously never seen one of MY welds! ;D

This is terrific! Man, you can really be proud of what you're doin' to that old bucket of rust! Thanks for sharin' the story.

LOL! Thanks. Yeah it feels good to step back and look at it and know that I did all of the work myself. ;D

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
More pics of the wheel tubs stretched :p

Here you go. First I cut the inner fender in half.

Attachments

• 100_0504.JPG
    100_0504.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 215
OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Second, I cut out this section of the floor board all the way back the tail gate post.

Attachments

• 100_0506.JPG
    100_0506.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 164